Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A scare of my own!

Yesterday morning, exactly a week after Trevor's diagnosis, Evan started complaining that his left side hurt. This isn't the first time he's complained of that, but after the week we had last week with little Trevor, it was going to be the last time he complained about it without me pursuing it. So I called that morning as soon as the doctor's office opened and got Evan an appointment. I went on to dance class, which is going well BTW, and then back to pick up Evan from school. We drove down to Fayetteville to see Dr. Davis.

I explained to him what was going on and the deal with Trevor, he gladly obliged me. He said "peace of mind is worth a million bucks!" and boy, was he right. He poked around on Evan and said he didn't feel anything out of the ordinary, but went ahead and ordered some blood work just for me. I took Evan next door to the Diagnostic Clinic to have the blood drawn. I was a little worried for Evan. He's never had that done before and I have the tendency to pass out, but he did great. I held on to him and one nurse held his arm still while the other took the vile. He said it hurt ALOT but didn't cry and the nurses told him he was so brave!

I worried all day about the results. I called the clinic around 5 pm to see if they had any answers and finally got a call back about 7 pm. The nurse told me they had part of the tests back, so it'd be today before I'd hear back from Dr. Davis. I told her I was wreck and asked if she could tell me the results she had said? She said "it looks viral". Ugh! That didn't help. Since I took my child in with nothing wrong. So I asked her to have the doc who was still there in the clinic look at them and call me back. At almost 9 pm I got another call from the clinic. The nurse said another doc, Dr. Peyton, had looked at them and said he didn't notice anything abnormal. She would put the results on Dr. Davis' desk and he'd call me this morning.

I called Nick on my way into town and was teasing I was going to call at 8 am to check on the test results. At 8:07 Dr. Davis called me back. He said they still didn't have the 4th test, but the other tests all looked great and the 4th test would most likely not reveal anything different so he felt comfortable saying there was nothing scary going on. WHEW! Praise God! I so needed to hear that!

So today, after I picked up Evan from school, we went outside for a few minutes. It was a nice day, just a bit breezy. It's been too cold to play outside, but it was good for a little bit. I'm so blessed that my kids love each other-MOST of the time.
A quick update about Trevor:
I just called and spoke with his mother. She said they still do not have a diagnosis from the biopsy results. Apparently, the doctors just don't want to make a call just yet. I guess that could be good news or bad news? He is in pretty good spirits and they were loading him in the wheelchair to take him down to the play room. Please continue to pray for him and our family. If you haven't checked it out yet, he now has a CaringBridge page in which you can sign up for updates if you'd like. You can access his page by clicking here!

Evan's Bible verse (although I'm not sure which version it's from!) this month has really hit home with me this past week:
Psalms 55:22
Give your worries to the Lord, and he will take care of you.

2 comments:

Mom said...

God has blessed me with the most wonderful, adorable grandchildren!

Stephanie said...

Thank God that Evan is alright. And the pics are adorable!