Thursday, November 20, 2008

One Little Indian.

Last week, while I was visiting Trevor in Little Rock, Nick took good care of Evan. I had taken Annabeth with me so Nick could continue to work. On the first night, Wednesday night, Nick and Evan had a boy's night out and went to the movies to see Madagascar 2. They had buttered popcorn and gummy bears and just had a great time. I had left unexpectedly, so Evan was surprised to find me gone that afternoon. Then on Thursday, Nick picked Evan up from school and took him to McDonald's to the Play Place. We never do things like that. Those Play Place things gross me out, but Evan had a great time.

When I got home on Friday afternoon, I found a little Indian vest, necklace and hat from one of the days at school. I couldn't resist having him try it on and snapping a few photos. What an adorable little Indian!


Another update on Trevor:
I just spoke with my Mom who had just spoke with Trevor's mother. She said they were going to start sedating him around 2 pm today and take him around 2:30pm for a bone marrow biopsy and bone aspiration.
The doctor's have said there is only a 2% chance that his cancer is something other than Ewing's Sarcoma. After today's tests, they plan to start a VERY aggressive Chemo treatment tomorrow. The doctor said "there isn't a cancer cell in the world that this chemo won't kill." We have to believe that. Believe that there is a miracle in the making and that God will handle this.
I'm working on making another trip to Little Rock. Maybe tomorrow. Thank you so much to everyone who left messages on Trevor's CaringBridge site. Please continue to pray for all of us.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Praying constantly here!!!!!!

Love you!

Kathy said...

Evan has a wonderful daddy.:)

Mom said...

What a cute little Indian chief!

It was great they had a boy's night out. As much as Annabeth loves shoes and purses indicates there will be a lot of girl's day out in the next few years!

Scrappy Gal said...

Cute Evan pic and sounds like he's had quite a bit of daddy time :) M2, was a great movie and those play places totally gross me out.....