Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A week? Really?

Wow! What an adventure this week has turned out to be. With all the excitement of filling both classes for Tiny Poses, came all the business work along with it. That all falls to me as I am the one with the business degree, business experience and a slight control problem! ha! Then Sunday morning, before we left for church, I got a call from Timeni (my business partner) saying her father had passed away very suddenly and she was leaving for Illinois to tend to his arrangements and funeral. I had worked so hard to get our classes full for this week and although I was sad and worried for her, I was scared to death for me. I knew I was going to have to handle both classes, newly full to capacity, all on my own. I wasn't sure what I would do. I considered cancelling both classes. Surely these moms would understand the situation and not be upset, right? Well, maybe so, I felt like with so much at stake, I had to pull through and teach the class on my own. (I didn't want to give up the money for the week!)

So I was stressed to my breaking point about what I say and what I would do. I'm no yoga instructor. I had never even tried yoga until our first class just 4 weeks ago! I knew I would have our "cheat sheets" with a list of everything we should be doing, so I'd be fine. I just had to get over my nerves and quit feeling sorry for myself and DO IT! So on Tuesday morning, I showed up early, prepared information packets for the 8 (yes, I said 8!!!) new girls I was expecting that morning, and waited for Nick to come. He was going to be taking Annabeth off somewhere (ended up being to Wal-Mart. Funny story on that later!) so I could concentrate on teaching, not on mommy-ing her. I looked every for those cheat sheets! EVERYWHERE!!!! and no luck. I asked Christina, the store owner, to look and she couldn't find them either. Then the panic set in. I was truly on my own. I use those cheat sheets even when Timeni is there to help things seem organized and keep things moving, and they were gone! Ugh! The class on Tuesday was over-all crazy and dis-organized which kills me, but I made it! I explained to the new moms how next week would be different and encouraged them to come back and try it out! We'll see....

Last night I worked for over an hour making up a new cheat sheet for today's class. I finished it, printed it off and came out to file it with my other papers that I would need today and found the cheat sheets I had been missing during class. They were right there all along. In my defense, I had Christina look twice, I looked at least 3 times in that same pile of papers, and we both missed it! GRRRRR.....

Today's class was like a dream! With my cheat sheet in hand, I led the class perfectly. Maybe it was the difference in the children's personalities, but man, was it better than yesterday. I got tons of compliments on handling it so well from the other moms, and manged to enroll both new girls who came today for a trial class. I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and I'm relieved it's over and things should be back to normal next week.

So back to the funny story about Nick taking Annabeth to Wal-Mart on Tuesday....

So background to make this funnier:
Every time I take Annabeth to Wal-mart (well, almost every time), I end up with a new baby doll or at least calling and Nick and telling him about something I think we should buy her for Christmas. it never fails. And Nick always thinks I'm crazy and gives the speech about "why can you not resist her cute face?" So on Tuesday, he takes her to Wal-Mart, trying to kill an hour why I teach my class. Afterwards he tells me how much she LOVED this particular toy (one I had called him about several times asking about a Christmas present) and how he found this great deal on a "life size baby doll" and he "came THIS close to just buying it". Hilarious! Go ahead, Nick. Just try some frivolous spending already! hahahahaha

T-ball was cancelled both days this week due to rain. I was so thankful for the cancellation as I didn't want Evan to go anyway. He has still been fighting off a cold and it finally starting to get better. He actually spiked a fever over the weekend and as quick as it came, it was gone. I just wanted him to get some more rest and T-ball was not going to get him rest.

On Sunday we decided to go to the pumpkin patch and corn maze as planned. We were sad Timeni and her family couldn't go, but we figured we go back again if it was any good. And it was good! They had a whole set up, pumpkins, a small petting zoo, some cool slides, hay rides and the corn maze. We had fun, but man, was it HOT! We all got too hot and it actually made Evan feel even worse! Poor kid! Annabeth, in all her independence, wanted to walk thru the corn maze by herself. Of course, we let her and it was fine until about 5 minutes in (Nick chose the LONG maze. UGH!) when she fell and face-planted right in the mud. Her face was completely black and she had mud in her month and in her teeth. We cleaned her up as best we could and finally asked for help to get out about halfway thru. I will not be doing that again! lol

Here are some pictures:

The cow train was their favorite!
My best attempt at a photo of them together....One of the sack slides:
My little girl with a dirty face after the fall in the corn maze:

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aww, poor Bethie! She looks awfully cute though even with dirt all over the place. LOL

Ugh, the heat!! So NOT pumpkin conducive! Remember in Hot Springs last time we tried the patch and it was so hot, and we wanted the kids to be all cute in their fall clothes and it just wasn't happening.

SOOOOO PROUD of you for going ahead and pulling it off with the classes! WTG!!!!

Love you and miss you!

Peg Miller said...

You are one busy lady! Keep the faith - like your intro music!

Peg Miller said...

You are one busy lady! Keep the faith - like your intro music!