We got his report card which reflected that he's smart. He's int he top tier in reading. He knows all the things he's supposed to know right now and is in the "advanced" category in all of them. She said he's such a joy to have in class! What a sweet boy. He told me all the way there that "Mrs. K will NOT tell you I have a talking problem!" Ha! Who knew? He must get that from his Dad.
He was also given an accelerated reading book. That's a BIG deal! Only a couple kids in his entore class got one. After the mid-term grades came out, Mrs. K said it'd be after Christmas before they started sending those home with any of the children. He scored high enough to have a book right away, but they still didn't send them home. Well, his score had increased since then and she felt like he was ready. She went over teaching the reading process with me and we came home and after just one time through, he was reading his book all by himself! He was so proud and you should have seen his Daddy's face! Priceless!!
We're so proud of him. He still loves school so much and loves his teacher! This week he's celebrating Red Ribbon Week ( Drug free week) and tomorrow is crazy hair day. He can hardly wait for us to spray paint his hair RED! Lookout for photos of that tomorrow! In the mean time, here is one of Evan and I on Sunday before church. He's my favorite guy! Can you tell??

We finished and turned in his pumpkin decorating project. I carried it in last night so it wouldn't get torn up in his backpack. His assignment was to decorate, with me, the pumpkin he chose at the pumpkin patch last Friday. I had tons of ideas, but finally settled on this one.
It's all about the life of the pumpkin! Now, we can keep this out until after Thanksgiving! Yay! Mrs. K thought it was perfect. I helped Evan trace his handprints for the feathers and we had all the supplies here at home which is not surprising, but a minor miracle! Usually I'd choose something that I had to buy everything for! My favorite idea got picked over because I would have had to go to the store! Blah! I love this turkey! I think it turned out just how I wanted it to!Today was Annabeth's Halloween party. I didn't take many photos, but I'll share the faves of the ones I did take. She was a pumpkin, of course, and I was...well, see for yourself! :)


She had a great time. She had her first sucker and loved the sticky, green mess it made!
She loved the candy, too. I'm sure she'll be a master trick-or-treater this year! :)
Until next time...
2 comments:
I am not surprised about Evan. Both his dad and uncle were reading at his age. It just gets better!
look how cute you are in your pooh costume!! annabeth's face is hilarious!
so glad Evan loves school and is doing so well!!!!!
Post a Comment