Friday, October 24, 2008

First field trip!

Today, I joined Evan at the pumpkin patch for his first ever Kindergarten field trip. I got there before the bus, and waiting in the cold for them to arrive. It was a windy and cold 48 degrees and a huge muddy mess, but at least it wasn't raining! The kids were all excited and got there in time to sit down with a sack lunch and eat. It was early for me to have lunch, so I just helped open juice boxes and applesuaces and waited for the fun to start.

It was a small farm, and another school was there when we got there which made for a pretty packed location. The kids had to go in shifts and do the pumpkin roll race, hay ride, tour and pick their pumpkins. It was a great time and I was so pleased to be able to be there with him.


He loved the hay ride. It was towards the end of the trip for our group, but it was fun and highly anticipated.
A few shots from the decorated area:with the biggest pumpkin they had. It weighed 120 lbs!

And a group photo of Mrs. K's entire class!I'm cold and tired and so happy to be home, but it really was a great time! :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

The little girl with the pink coat and hat looks like she stayed warm!

Stephanie said...

love the pics! so glad you got to go and have that time with Evan.