Monday, October 27, 2008

Decisions, decisions!

Well, after much discussion and lots of worry, Nick and I spent the afternoon yesterday making some long past due decisions on the holiday season. I decided the time is NOW to make our plans for the rest of the year.

So here's the news!
We'll be spending Thanksgiving in Iowa with Nick's family. We haven't nailed down our departure date from here exactly. I still have some details to work out with Timeni about Tiny Poses, but I think we'll leave on Wednesday morning and come home on Saturday. It will give us a chance to hit the Black Friday sales again this year! Yippee! This will be the first trip we've made like this since Evan started school, so I want us to be home with a day to recover before he heads back to school on Monday.

We WILL be celebrating Christmas at Walt Disney World in 2008! Holy cow! I can hardly believe it's true. We've gone back and forth and changed our minds several times, but after the conversation yesterday, we've decided it's worth the risks for the magical experience we'll share. I will be spending the next 6 weeks outlining every detail to help with the scariness of small children in Disney World. (I'd love any tips or suggestions any of you may have to share!)
We leave on December 20th for Florida and will get home on the 28th. It will be our very first family vacation EVER! Bring on the magic!

We've been asked by several people what our plan is for gifts while in Disney. We even ironed out some of those details yesterday. We set a spending limit per child, and decided to take our small table-top tree. We'll decorate it before we go and put it up once we get there. We'll take only small gifts with us (from Santa) and then leave a few things at home as well as stuff our stockings for us all to come home to. The kids will hear that Santa stopped by the house and left us a few things here, too! There is just no need to deprive them of Santa just because we won't be home!

New Years' Day will be spent with my family. We have not determined all the details of this Holiday trip, but I do know we'll plan to be in Clarksville for New Years!

So there you have it. Our Holidays are all spoken for! I think next year we're going to try something else, (though I don't know what!). Out of both of our families, we're the only ones with small children, but we still manage to do all of the traveling. It gets hard on us and hard on the kids to try to squeeze so much in to about 5 weeks time! Plus it's about time to start some of our own family traditions! I teased Nick that maybe Disney would be our new tradition! lol

Tonight is Parent/Teacher conference at 6 pm. We're actually looking forward to it. Tomorrow is Tiny Poses at 9 then a Halloween Party for Annabeth at 10. It'll be another really busy two weeks for me, but it should slow down some after that until all the travels start!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

First of all, so happy for you that you are going to Disney for sure! Wahoo!!!! That will be awesome and I am totally jealous.

Also, great plan it sounds like for the holiday season. I know what a planner you are, and how it makes you feel better knowing what is going on!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You will love Disney World at Christmas! That is my favorite time to go there.=) It is decorated beautifully, and there is so much to do. If you are planning on going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party while you are there get your tickets early as they start to sell out quickly once they go on sale. I am so excited for you!

Leanna said...

I'm so excited for you Ginger! You'll have a blast in Disney. I'll e-mail you a list of supplies you'll need for the kids at Disney.