Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Thursday!

This blog will be PACKED with information AND a few photos! Finally some photos! lol

Tiny Poses is going very well. We got our first check, which is exciting! Week one was tough. I had to learn a little about myself and let go ALOT! It was hard for this self-proclaimed control freak to allow those kids to be kids and make it fun regardless of the fact that it wasn't going just how I had envisioned it. Week two was MUCH better! I felt good about each class and I could tell the moms and kids had fun! It still isn't quite fun for me, but at least the stress was cut way down. I'll be uploading a photo gallery to our website this week/weekend, but I wanted to post a few photos here. I'm actually finding it hard to make time to take photos since I'm teaching, but I am trying at least!

I'm trying to make a little time for some photography, too. I haven't scrapbooked since the first week of August, and I'm starting to get the itch. I did schedule a crop for October for my friend Allyce and I on the 17th, so that's a start. I've been carrying my camera with me in the car more and allowing myself to stop and take in some of nature's beauty. I am in love with this spider web photo. I was so proud to have captured such an amazing sight!

Evan is still loving school. Today was my first day in the classroom and I'll tell you, I got emotional about it. I hated leaving and hate that I'm only going to be able to volunteer once a month. Maybe I'll work on Nick for twice a month!! lol The kids were great. They all loved me, which was nice and they even fought over who got to sit next to me. Mrs. K let me be in charge of Alphabet BINGO and I worked with two small groups for about 20 minutes each. Since I was the visitor, Mrs. K gave me free reign with my own creativity. I decided I'd call ALL the letters and let every child BINGO and get a prize (a very important sticker!!) She started me with the "blue" and "green" groups which are those who know all their letters and sounds. Of course, Evan is in that group and he was proud to have me at his school. He got sad when it was time for me to go, but wanted to stay anyway! Whew!! I took a few photos and Mrs. K asked me to be in charge of her "scrapbook" page for the yearbook. Of course, I was happy to oblige. I wouldn't want anyone else to do it! haha I also scooted next door to my friend Meagan's class and took some pictures for her since I was there! These are from Evan's class! :)

Both kids are starting to fight off a cold. I feel pretty lucky that Evan has gone this long without catching something, but am sad it's catching up with him. We wash hands tons and give him extra Vitamin C. Not much else you can do. Annabeth is just in the grumpy phase of it, but she's starting to sound stuffy! I'm trying to get Evan through the week, but won't make him go tomorrow if he's worse than today. Just some drainage that's causing a cough and runny nose. No fever, so that's a relief!

Tomorrow will actually be a down day...at least that's how it's scheduled for now. lol Next week can wait! I'm living for today! :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for the pics. I love them.

Stephanie said...

Love the informative post! And you need a down day, LOL! Glad the school visit went so well!

Kathy said...

Yep, the best looking boy in class.