Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So much to say...

It's been a while since I last blogged. I guess I have just found a busy-streak this month and have yet to find time to blog. I should be exercising now, but have decided to take a break from it since I can barely move. ha! That's what I get for jumping in with too much exercise at once! We purchase Wii Fit a couple weeks ago and I've been doing that with success. My favorite is the Rhythm Boxing and loves that it tracks my weight for me. I'm down 7 pounds total with Weight Watchers!

Last weekend we watched in horror as our Cyclones lost to their in-state rivals, the Puke-eyes. That was a real football downer for us and the rest of day just didn't seem so fun and festive after that. We had church on Sunday and then the weekend was over. I've spent almost all of my free time working on business stuff; making phone calls, sending emails, creating forms, etc. My business-brain in fried and I need a break!

Monday night was Evan's Kindergarten Open House. Evan begged to go, informing me they had told them at school that "it was okay to bring your children". I decided I'd go on and take him and they had a movie set u for the kids while the parents listened to the K teachers talk about their curriculum. It was informative but boring and although I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know, I did get a chance to talk with his teacher afterwards and volunteer to help her with take-home stuff. That starts tonight, I guess. lol Evan did fine with the movie and was well-behaved as usual. No one ever has a bad word to say about that kid. Such a blessing!

He is still loving school. The weather is cooler this week and I've been sending him to school in jeans and a T-shirt with a light jacket. His teacher loves him and loves her. It's cute to hear him talk about his "friends" at school and for him to tell me stories about each one. He's so observant (obviously, he got that from his Dad) and can always tell me who's birthday it was or who was absent. You can tell he's soaking it all in and getting so much out of Kindergarten already.

T-ball is still ongoing. They had no game on Monday night, but his team won their game Tuesday. They now have a winning record of 2-1. It's awesome to see him enjoying T-ball and making new friends and learning new skills. Any of you who know me at all know I was a die-hard sports fan and played EVERYTHING my tiny town offered, so T-ball is just the tip of the iceberg for Evan! ;) He's going to be signed up for Upwards Basketball starting in December. I'm happy to have him in leagues that are more of a learning experience and less competitive since he hasn't had much exposure. He seems excited and we know although it's running us ragged already, it's worth it for him!

Annabeth is in her terrible twos. Let me rephrase that. Annabeth IS the terrible twos! She is needy, demanding, loud, moody...lol Bless her adorable little heart. Who knew such a sweet, cute little girl could be so hard to handle? She's finally adjusting to Evan being in school. She still misses him horribly, but it's getting better and staying busier which also helps. She's a talking monster! She can say TONS of things and tells you in whole sentences whatever point she wants to get across. It's amazing! She loves to talk on the phone and adores Elmo. She loves to be outside and even get dirty. She can't get enough of BABIES and is so sweet to to them. Real or baby doll....She also has a new fascination with ducks! She definitely acts like MY little girl, but IS her Daddy's girl!

Tuesday morning was my first class for Tiny Poses. It was a small group and thank goodness for that! It is definitely different than what I had pictured. We had one new student enroll for that class which is exciting. We just need a few more! We opened another class on Wednesday mornings, too. There were several requests for Wednesday and we decided it'd be worth it to try. So today's class was all new people. The Wednesday group is totally different from the Tuesday group. It seems like Tuesday's class is filled with the younger kids and that makes it more difficult. Annabeth did not behave like I had hoped for either class. Next week, I'll be trying something new with her, but it made this week really tough.

I'll be off to pic up Evan soon and then the rest of week is full, too. Thursday is a parent-teacher conference at school. Evan is being evaluated to speech and we need to meet with the teachers for that. (BTW, his speech is TONS better already, but he still needs to have some direct help with some sounds.) Thursday night is the first PTO meeting and I'm going to that alone! They'll discuss the next fundraisers and such and go over the one he just finished. (BTW, thanks to all of you who ordered. Evan sold 18 items, enough for a LEVEL 4 prize and he's very excited about that!) Friday morning is our MOPS morning, then naptime, pick up line time, then my monthly BUNCO night. Never a dull moment, I swear! I hope to start to be able to catch up on blogging, scrapbooking and resting very soon!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh, and although I miss your more frequent blog posts, thanks for getting us all caught up with this one! Well said!