Tuesday, September 9, 2008

T-ball fun!

A little info to start this off. On Sunday, we drove back from Iowa and got home around 4pm. Just in time for my Mom to pack up and head back down the hill. Then, it happened. The power went out. Seriously. At 7 pm, the power surged off and we spent the whole evening in the dark with flashlights trying to finish and get ready for bed. It was hot. We couldn't sleep. Annabeth wouldn't sleep. It was miserable. Around midnight, it finally came back on and we got out of bed (not that we were sleeping, just laying there feeling sorry for ourselves! lol) and reset clocks and such. That goodness for the A/C. I was borderline to losing it.

Yesterday morning, I discovered the Internet was out. Greeeat. It went out with the power. I figured it'd come back on after the power did, but it didn't. I called it in yesterday morning and I got Internet back around 10 am. TODAY! Ugh! I have a list two miles long of things I needed to do online, including updating my blog, listing some stuff on Ebay, and some account stuff and I only get nap time for that stuff! So I'm hurrying to update! :)

Last night was Evan's first T-ball game. He's only been to one practice and now it's game season. It was interesting to say the least. He had a great time though. His team, who we found out last night is named the Blue Devils (ick!), lost 18-12, but I could tell Evan loved it. He got to "play" 2nd base for a bit, but our team is so far from ready for any type of competition. They can't throw or catch which happen to be two of the most important aspects of the game! ha!

They play three innings and each kid gets to play. They just pile them out on the field and let them bat until you get 3 outs or 6 runs. It seems like it'll be train wreck, but I know it will be worth it for Evan. He loves going after the ball and is one of the only kids on his team that does that. The rest of them watch it roll by them or play in the grass (a BIG no, no for my child!). He has potential for sure. I just have to get him a helmet and we need to practice more at home.

Here he is running down a ball. Can you see the huge smile on his face?:
Little Slugger!!

Here is Annabeth watching. She cracked us up with her yelling for Evan! We kept telling him to "Watch the ball, Evan!" and she hollered the same thing over and over to him! teehee
He plays again tonight at 6pm. He'll play each Monday and Tuesday night unless it's raining until it gets too cold to play! I just hope I can hang in there. ;)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the t-ball pics! Two nights in a row of games?? Strange! Hope that it stays fun for all of you!

Kathy said...

I can just picture the sweet little boys just watching the ball roll. Give Evan a "high five" from his grandma!

Kelly said...

Oh how fun for Evan! Look how big AB is getting...more and more hair...so cute!

Mom said...

You must pay your dues! Are you sppose to bring the treats every night? Are you going to help coach or is that Nick's new job? Don't forget to pick-up Bill and Johnny...........LOL

Scrappy Gal said...

That's hilarious that they keep score! We had tball 3 nights a week, it was exhausting by the end of the season, but well worth it!! You'll be shocked at how different the team looks in just a couple weeks!! :)