Wednesday, September 10, 2008

For real!

Last night was Evan's second T-ball game. His team did much better in just one night! Maybe it was because I was in the dug-out helping and then out on the field. lol I couldn't help myself. Those kids just looked so lost! Our Blue Devils won 18-12 and those boys were so very excited! I have to admit, it got to me, too. :)

This morning was the Open House for Tiny Poses Dance & Yoga. I was ready for this part of it to be over. I feel like I've breathed the preparations for the Open House and although I didn't get nervous, I was anxious. Timeni and I got to the library about 15 minutes before the library opened and banged on the door asking them to let us in so we could drag all our stuff in and get started setting up. I wasn't aware when I sat up the reservation that the library didn't open until 9 and I scheduled the Open House to start at 9:15. So we were hoping to get in early, which we did.

Much to my dismay, the man who promised me the janitorial staff would set up the tables and chairs for us the night before changed his mind. So we were shocked when we walked in to a completely empty room. We scrambled in high heels to set up chairs and move tables and then put up our simple decorations. We were almost finished when the first person came in. We ended up enrolling 6, have 2 thinking about it, 3 more scheduled to come to the first class for a "trial class" and the word is spreading like wildfire! We're very excited and pleased with how it turned out, even with a small crowd! The first class is next week, Tuesday.

This is BEAT IOWA week, too. The big game is Saturday and I have to admit I'm nervous for my Cyclones. I know they CAN win, but they have to show up and PLAY all four quarters to BEAT IOWA at Kinnick Stadium! (ick!) We'll just watch and pray and scream! lol Might as well give my voice back up since it's just now starting to come back from last weekend!

It's been a long week, with T-ball games Monday and Tuesday and the Open House today. I'm baby sitting for Timeni tomorrow night and then Friday is the County fair (which I hope we can make!). Saturday is BEAT IOWA day and football ALL DAY LONG! We sure missed watching football on TV last week, but wouldn't trade a game at Jack Trice for anything! I can't wait to catch a break! Maybe next week...or next month....lol

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Busy, busy! Sounds like life around here, lol! Only gonna get busier I guess with our kiddos growing up.

So happy for your success with the Open House. You're awesome!

Love ya!

Kathy said...

Iowa is a 13 point favorite. Boooo. We do play pretty good at Kinnick. Our boys just need to play like you said all 4 quarters!

We both need to prepare now for sore hands, raw voice, and a lot of pacing!!!!!!!

GO CYCLONES!

Mom said...

I knew it! I bet you made the difference in the T-ball game! Did Evan score?

Yeah for the open house! How many will your class hold? It will probably end up full and over flowing!!!!!

Go State! (Since the Hawgs aren't playing this week).