These past few days have flown by. I've been busy and tired and kinda down for whatever reason. The whole tornado thing just hit me really hard. I'm terrified of those stupid things and to know someone so close to me was hit so hard, just kills me. (I luv ya, Jen!)
Thursday and Friday couldn't have ended quick enough. When Nick got home Friday evening, I had made homemade cheesy baked potato soup for supper. I doubled the batch so I could take half to my BUNCO game last night. It was a huge hit (both at home and with the BUNCO gals!) For the first time, I was a winner! I actually won the BIG prize with 3 total BUNCOs in one night! Yay me! lol I won this really cool neck massager that you can warm in the microwave. I was so proud!
We had planned to get up this morning and go to the zoo, but didn't get out of the house early enough so changed our plan to visit the aquarium first. We didn't get very far when Annabeth started fussing and I had no desire to drive the 2 hours to Tulsa with her in such a foul mood. I was surprised to hear Nick wasn't feeling the trip either so we made a u-turn and headed back home. We stopped at Wal-Mart for a few groceries and I picked up a few things for the kiddos for Valentine's Day. We made it back home in time for Annabeth to nap on schedule.
I made a few cards while Nick and Evan played Mario Galaxy until Annabeth woke up. During naptime, the doorbell rings. It was the mailman with a couple of packages for yours truly! YIPPEE! One was my February kit of the month which I ripped open like lightening! haha The other was a package from my MIL for my birthday. It's huge! And I have no idea what it is. Nick said I had to wait til my birthday party to open it, and even threatened to put it in his trunk so I can't peek! Booo hisssss! LOL Anyway, only a few days til that anyway! :)
Then I decided to run into town and do some errands I needed to do. I hit Hobby Lobby first. I picked up a little something for Evan's teachers for Valentine's Day and some really cute new Spring stuff for my flower bed. After HL, I went to Old Navy where I found some WAY CUTE rain boots for Annabeth as well as a few new tops/jeans for her. I splurged and bought her her first pair of Jelly Shoes. They're pink mary-jane type! OMGosh! Adorable!
Ran over to Gymboree and picked up a pair of rain boots for Evan I'd been eyeing. Then over to JC Penny to look for a new pair of shoes for me. I had looked a while back and found a pair I really liked that felt like butter on my feet. I was thrilled to find them marked down and on sale to! Plus, there was a new style that was also on sale! So two new comfy pairs of shoes for my aching feet!
All in all, it was a great day. I'm ready for bedtime tonight as we're trying to plan on the aquarium for tomorrow. Maybe I'll scrap a bit before I hit the hay!
2 comments:
Sounds like a great day! Enjoy the aquarium today!
Nothing like retail therapy to help get ya out of that down mood. Sounds like you got some awesome things on sale too! Wow! That's great. Congrats on kicking butt at BUNCO!
Post a Comment