Friday, February 22, 2008

Busy, Busy.

It's been a few days. I guess I need a catch-up post to the here and now. This week has been very out of the ordinary for us and I really feel like I accomplish a lot more when I stick to some sort of a routine.


On Sunday, we started noticing a strange odor in the house. It smelled like bleach to me and I had no idea what it was. All I knew was it was coming thru the heat ducts and that was enough to scare me. We turned off the heat 'just in case' and kept it off all night. It was COLD! But we made it and the kids didn't suffer. We ran their space heaters on high and it was fine. We decided it was coming from the washing machine and called a plumber to come check it out. They couldn't get here until Monday morning, so we did the best the could until then.


Monday was President's Day, so Evan had no school. He woke up that morning exclaiming "Happy Holiday Day!" He had no idea why he was getting to stay home from school, but knew it was a holiday and that was enough. We didn't get out at all and it was nice to wind down from the busy week we had last week. The plumber showed up around 9:30am. The diagnosis? Methane gas from the washing machine. He fixed it up in no time and his fee was nominal, so it was ok with me! I was just glad it wasn't somethig more.


Tuesday and Wednesday were normal days. Evan went to school like he was supposed and Annabeth and I came home in between and I've been cleaning furiously to ready the house to put on the market after we get back from out trip the first week on March. I'm getting very excited to see Steph and can hardly wait for our kids to play together. I'm already planning the next one and I'm making a road trip with both kids to Kentucky! OMG! Can you believe it? lol


Thursday was more eventful at least. Evan's school delayed 2 hours due to ice, so I just kept him home. There was no reason for me to trek out there in the ice and drop him off 2 hours late. That wasn't long enough for me to make the drive and the weather was yukcy anyway. So he stayed home. It was payday (YIPPEE), so I paid bills, balanced the check book and did all the other account stuff that was needed. Annabeth actually napped so I had some time to work on other house things that were needed. I recovered my blooming flowers and added another pile of stuff to the donation box in progress. I really need to get that finished and dropped off by next Thursday to round out the month of February. While I was cleaning, the doorbell rang. I open the door and found a huge box on my front porch. I was expecting a box from Steph with some handmade blankies and other stuff I had ordered from her and her friend, Melanie, who are both awesome seamstreses. I was amazed at it all! Steph had handmade 3 doll blankets for Bethie's dolls, a big, LAVISH ISU blanket for Annabeth (and a matching one for her stuffed Cy) and another adorable lovey for Annabeth. There was also some handmade stuff for a baby shower I'm attending this weekend and some new things for me. Plus the box she sent it all in has been entertaining my kids for the last 24 hours! It was a great mail day! lol




I also ordered Annabeth a new carseat this week. I had to order it online since we're so limited in that kind of shopping around here. It's already on it's way to me and I'm so excited. I ordered the Britax Decathlon Tiffany Seat. It's fantastic and so very girly! I really wanted something pretty to look at after staring at the same seat for the last 5 years! ha! I'll be sure to upload pictures of Annabeth in her new seat as soon as it arrives! Here is a pic of that:


That's all for now. It's getting close to lunchtime here and Evan has been asking for leftover pizza so I'm going to get some ready for him and just get thru the rest of the day. TGIF. I'm ready for the weekend!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Finally, a new post! LOL! I LOVE the new carseat and I am sure you will be thrilled with it! It's so girly! Those pics of the kids in the box are hilarious! Glad I could be of service, lol.

Can't WAIT to see you either girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peg Miller said...

Love the new background for your blog! Did they add new ones to this site? I haven't even looked. LOVE IT! and loving the LO's - they looked better in person, but then what doesn't? Went to SDS this morning, just to look for those Heidi Swapp Ghost Hearts (nothing) but of course couldn't get out of there without spending money. New Bo Bunny paper had arrived and was sitting all over the place waiting to be priced. They said I could shop it, so I did! Cute boy stuff and little baby girl paper- just what I need!
Can't wait to see you ( I hope I get to ) early March. I'm so ready to be home!!