Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Hump Day!

What a week it's been already. I started feeling sick again on Monday. I woke up with a stuffy nose and a tickle in my throat. Great! Just what I need. I fumbled thru the day anyway, hauling Evan back and forth to school. I had some phone errands to do so spent most of the afternoon on the phone. I completed all those calls and took the kids outside for a while as it was over 70 degrees outside and sunny. The kids had a great time. Annabeth even got her first taste of sand! ha!!!
In this one, Evan was being the "lookout" while Annabeth steered the ship. He kept asking me not to take his picture "because pirates don't like to have their picture taken". lmao


Then, yesterday, Super Tuesday, I woke up feeling worse. I still managed to get Evan back and forth to school and get a few other phone errands done. I covered my tulips which are already blooming (and may I mention, BLOOMING AGAIN!!!). By afternoon, the servere weather started. We only got thunderstorms here, but this was the second round of deadly tornadoes this year. It's way too early for this stuff! The death toll is incredible and just so scary! 47 confirmed dead and I know as daylight comes today, that number will climb. Click to read more.


Nick and I went to vote in the presidential primary here in our state and picked up pizza on the way home for dinner. I'm not going into politics, but I'll say it was actually a hard vote for me. I don't really care for any of the canidates and that's just sad. :(


This morning, I still feel horrible, and the weather is ridiculous. SNOW! The roads are starting to get icy with temps around 27, so I opted to stay in and keep Evan home from school. I just couldn't do that 30 minute drive one way on that windy backroad for 3 hours of school. I was more worried about the roads at pick-up time, and it just wasn't worth it. So I let Evan sleep in and got Nick off to work. Now we'll stay home today and hang out here. I just hate this time of year!


On a good note, today marks the one-week-until-my-birthday-day! lol Next Wednesday is my 27th birthday. No plans yet, but we always try to celebrate birthdays in sytle, so I'm sure we'll think of something. Nick is in charge of the cake and of course, there will be presents! ;)


We also got our taxes filed and are awaiting our refunds and they should be here next week! I'm so excited for that money to arrive. It's going straight to savings, but at least we'll have it in our hands.


My word of the month, EMBRACE, is proving to be a tough one. I have decided to embrace a healthier lifestyle and have done very well so far. I'm limiting myself to one pop a day (minus the weekend crop I went to. I needed caffine!) I'm doing great with smaller portions and eating less/healthier snacks. I feel very good about it despite how hard it has been on me. Now, if I can just stick to it, I'll be all good! lol


That's enough babbling for now. Off to fix breakfast and watch cartoons til my eyes pop out! lol

4 comments:

Scrappy Gal said...

I'm already sick of the cartoons, lol! I'm not feeling well today, so we are laying low here ourselves.

Kathy said...

I have the stomach flu so needless to say I have been bent over the stool for 12 hours. Not fun. I wish I had someone to take care of me.

Kelly said...

Hope you got to feeling better...sounds like a hectic week! Cute pics of the kids.

Stephanie said...

I am glad to be back online to get my ginger-blog-fix. You would think with as much as we talk I wouldn't need to read your blog but it doesn't work like that, huh? Thank goodness. ;)

Hate that you were feeling ill again. I know how awful that is. Hoping you are much improved by now.