I hauled Evan to school and came home to finish up his Valentine treat bags for his friends at school. I added a quick blog and finished just in time to clean up the dog water bowl that Annabeth has been obsessed with dumping all over the floor! UGH! While I was on my hands and needs, mopping up water, the doorbell rings. Great. Just what I needed. I stopped what I was doing and went to answer the door. I peeked out the peep hole and see a Happy Birthday balloon floating there. I wasn't putting it all together yet, but as my mom leaped out from behind the balloon, singing at the TOP of her lungs, I got it.
Nick had been acting strange. He acted like he knew something I didn't (which I hate!), but never actually told me anything. I got a card from my mom in the mail with no money in it (which I wasn't expecting, but was surprised about anyway!) I just figured something was up and didn't put much thought into it. I was surprised and happy to see her and she made it just in time as I was leaving to run to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things I had forgot the day before.
Evan was SO excited to see her in the van when we picked him up. He was even more excited to find out she was staying the night and he would get a chance to play with her. We made it home and tucked Annabeth in bed and I worked in my scraproom making the stuff I needed for the kids' Valentine's Bags. After naptime, we all went outside to play for a bit. It was sunny, but windy and cold, so it didn't last all that long.
Nick got home with the cake (OMG!!! YUMMY!!!!) and we did the whole birthday party routine. A quick dinner for the kids and then cake and presents. I got some fantastic presents. All of them were things I REALLY wanted. I got a knife block from Nick's Grandparents. I had been wanteing one for two years or so. Just wasn't a priority and, I guess, not something I was willing to buy myself! I got a camera accessory kit from my MIL & FIL. YIPPEE!!!!!!! I had sent Nick a link a while back asking him for permission to buy it for myself for my birthday and he said 'not right now'. That sneak! I guess he sent the link to his mother and bless her heart, she bought it for me. I couldn't wait to drag it all out. It came with a big tripod, 2 HD lenses (wide angle and telephoto) plus 3 filters, a cleaning kit, a carrying bag and a mini tripod, WOW! What a haul! lol
The wide-angle lense is my favorite! It makes the room look way bigger! I can't wait to get to use them outside! Thank you, Kathy! :) My mom gave me a bag full of cold, hard, cash! Yeah! I also got a new pair of shoes and a long-reach stapler for my scrapbook pages! Fantastic!
After cake and presents, my mom stayed with the kids and we went out to dinner ALONE for the first time in at least 2 years! We sat down across the table from each other and I said to Nick "I don't even know what to say to you!" haha It was a nice dinner and we were home by 8:30!
This morning, both kids woke up early and I let them open their Valentine's Day bags. I had used my Silhouette to cut out their names and attached it the each bag. I was happy with how they turned out. Evan was EXCITED to go to school for the first time ever! He could hardly stand the wait. I loaded up his Valentines and took him to school. My Mom, Annabeth and I hit up Kohl's for some deals and shopped up until it was time to pick up Evan. She rode back with me and sat in the car with Annabeth while I went in with my camera to try and get a few pictures of his Valentine's Day at school. Mrs. Amy, his teacher, told me Evan must have got the 'bug' of Valentine's Day, cause he had been trying to hold hands with the girls in his class all day. Great news! ROFL He's way too young for that! I snapped a few pics and we came home to sort through his big bag of Valentines. So cute! He was telling me who gave him each one and how much he liked that person and he got a ton of candy!
{Insert Husband Brag Here}
Back up to yesterday. Nick tells me in the morning before I leave to take Evan to school to be sure to turn on the radio. I giggle cause I know that must mean something. But that's not like Nick at all. It's more like Nick to tell me to listen so I'll THINK he called in even though he really didn't! So I'm not holding my breath. I get there and home with no mention of me on the radio. No big deal. On with my day. Nick emails me and asks if I heard anything and I say no. He says he was upset, but he had tried and forwards me an email he had written to the local radio station I listen to telling the host, Woody, that it was my birthday and would he wish me a Happy Birthday.
A while back I had heard Woody mention he had moved here from Iowa and he was an ISU fan. I told nick about it and he had remembered and told Woody I was a fan and I'd get a kick out of hearing my name on the radio. To make a long story short, Woody forgot. He emailed Nick yesterday and said he'd forgot and he would make it up to me today. So I was listening today with a lump in my throat for what he'd say. He came thru!
Jake (his co-host): " Happy Birthday to Ginger Larsen, who is 27 and 1 day today.
Woody: Ginger, you're husband did not forget your birthday, I did. But Ginger is an Iowa State fan, so she's used to disappointment."
My mom and I looked at each other and our jaws dropped! Sad, but true! and I did get a kick out it. LOL
Then, today on his lunch, Nick came home with a dozen roses and a bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs (MY FAVORITE!!) for Valentine's Day. I admit, I had to ask him what his motives were, cause that's not like Nick, but I was shocked and surprised and felt sooooo loved this birthday/Valentine's Day!
I love you bunches, Nick.
That brings me to now. Just finished my longest blog ever and still have to post pics.
PS. Why isn't the darn spell-checker working? Anyone know?
2 comments:
It sounds like you had a wonderful day!!!
what a super couple of days you have had! I am soooo happy that you had a great b-day and v-day. awesome!
don't know why the spell-check isn't working? I am perfect and don't need to use it. ROFL
Post a Comment