I was nominated and elected to serve on Evan's PTO Board for next year. I'll be the Co-chair for the K-2 grades. I'm really excited and feel blessed that I can participate. All the fun will start later in the year.
I will also be serving on my MOPS Steering Team. I'm in charge of TLC & E. The new Steering Team is already meeting with and helping with the last couple of meetings of this year, so I'm jumping right in. My actual duties won't start until Fall, but we'll be doing lots of meetings, plannings and such throughout the Summer. How exciting!
We're counting down the days until Evan graduates from Kindergarten. Only 35 days left! Wow, what will I do with myself once my big guy is officially a first grader? I don't even want to think about it. They are going to have a big production on June 2nd and you're all invited!
Evan's 6th birthday is creeping up on us, too. He decided he wanted a back yard carnival for his birthday and that's what we're doing. We'll be setting up carnival games, serving up popcorn and cotton candy, I bought a pinata, and some inflatables of course. We've decided on May 16th. It will be at our house from 1pm-4pm. More info to come later, but let this be your official "save the date" notice!
Now, on to our biggest news of all. We're going to Disney World for Christmas again this year! Our hotel is booked and I'll be purchasing our park tickets this week. We've started the count down and it's exactly 8 months today until we leave! I hope we can plan a few new things this trip. My brain is already spinning with ideas! If you have any, share them with me!We started saving money just two weeks ago and we have already put back over $ 400 towards the trip! It just shows how dedicated we are! I've added our savings goal and progress to the sidebar so you can see where we are all the time! You can all help me be accountable and I promise my husband will thank you! :)
A few pictures for your Saturday.
Evan's new haircut and spiked style:
5 comments:
I love the news! We may be your way around May 16th. John got our tickets to Disney from someone other than Disney. We got a 6 day pass for a 4 day price. I'll get the link and e-mail you. I can't disturb him while he's mowing the lawn. LOL
You gotta go to the American Idol experience in Hollywood Studios! We all loved it!
news news!! WOW!!! Congrats on the PTO & MOPS! I can't wait til Maya is a bit older and I can actually be more involved with our PTO, but for now, I do what I can.
Woo hoo on Disney!!
Does that budget include Meme? If not, you still have time to adjust!
I'm proud of your elections! You need to be sharing some of those brain cells I blessed you with.
I love the pictures. I'll mark my calendar for graduation and Evan's birthday party. forget that, I better start walking if I'm going to be there in time.
So proud of how you have branched out. You are an inspiration! I am so happy for you guys that you get to do Disney again this year! I know how special it was for you and your family.
Love you!
Sounds like a big year for you! PTA is alot of work, but worth the effort. I know how much you loved Disney and excited for you all to enjoy it again. :)
Post a Comment