Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hump day update!

On Monday afternoon, the kids had their very first dental check up. Evan did well. Annabeth? Not so much. Evan was a little scared, but the dentist did a nice job getting Evan involved and showing him all his his neat tools. Annabeth wouldn't sit in the chair so we had both kids sit together. That seemed to work , but she was very uncooperative. The dentist got a quick look in her mouth and said her teeth looked good. He is concerned about a ligament that is between her two front teeth and he says that will need to be surgically corrected when she's about 10 or she will have a permanant gap there. Ummm...no! Isn't that nice to know that procedure is impending? Evan's teeth looked great! No cavities and no reason for concern. Our whole family goes back in June for cleanings. Yippee!

The dogs had their shots yesterday morning. Annabeth and I took them in and she was such a big help! She loved walking Georgia on her leash and seeing the little puppies that some lady brought in. Apparently, she's a breeder and she had 3 crates of new puppies. They were SO CUTE! She had some fluffly poodles that Annabeth thought were the best thing ever. The lady let Annabeth pet them and the pups seemed to be happy for a play mate.

Last night was Evan's parent/teacher conferences. It went well as always. I had a chat with Mrs. K about the Kindergarten graduation. He has photos tomorrow for that and they've been working on a huge production. I can't wait, but we both teared up talking about it. It will be so very bittersweet. He's on a reading level 9-10, which is awesome! Advanced is level 5 for this quarter. His writing is coming along nicely, too. He's on step 9 and step 6 is considered advanced. He's mastered all his skills and was extra proud to count all the way to 400! We're so very proud of him! He's come so far! Next week is the big benchmark test and they've been working hard to prepare for that. I know they'll all be glad when it's over!

My word of the month for March was INVITE. I feel like I honored my word. I invited people to events and most importantly, into my life. I tried hard to open up and be bold. I made a few huge steps. I volunteered to work on my MOPS Steering Team and was nominated for a board position on the PTO for next year. It was a good month for me. Bring on April!

4 comments:

Leanna said...

Was it Dentist Monday?? Chloe went too and did well. It's so cute seeing them sitting in the dentist chair. They're growing up so fast! I love the April word.

Stephanie said...

I did comment on this, not sure why it didn't show up?

I am so proud of you for branching out the way you have recently!

WTG Evan!

Mom said...

I'm so proud of both of them. Going to the dentist causes anxiety for all of us! I be the "Brush your Teeth" song helped.

The Benchmark test will be a breeze for Evan. Not so for many kids and that is why Ms. K. has been working hard on that. It is a good way for you to measure the school and teachers overall.

I expect you to step up in these new roles. You are a thinker. You have a lot to contribute!

Scrappy Gal said...

WOW! Dentist is always so fun! NOT! I hate it....and B was much like Annabeth when we took him at nearly 3yrs old.