I'm working on some things I have signed on for. The Spring Fling is a PTO sponsored fundraiser that I offered to help out with. I spent hours this weekend talking with Shelley, the person who headed it up last year, and online ordering prizes for the carnival games. She and I will be doing much more work together in the next several weeks to get ready for the big day, May 22nd.
On Saturday morning, I got out with my friend Meagan and we had a girl's morning. There were four of us total and we hit up some garage sales and had a great time. We filled her Tahoe 3 times and had to keep going back to our cars and emptying due to the large amount of stuff we all bought. I only bought a couple of things, but in the end brought homw this cool student desk for Evan. I have to paint it before I put it in his room and also have to sell his toy box so there's room, but I hope to work on that this week. We ate breakfast at Mimi's Cafe and really did have fun.
I cropped on Saturday night, but should have kept my butt home. I was so tired and so uninspired, but I went on it and managed to get one measly layout done.
I'm still struggling with nap time and Annabeth. On Sunday, she managed to get her sleeper off, and paint herself with-you guessed it, poo! Oh, Lord! Help us not to kill her or drive ourselves off a cliff! lol It's hard to explain, but it was gross! And you know I managed to grab my camera for a quick shot. I can't wait to show her that photo when she's 18! :)
I spent the last part of last week working on my OLW, CREATE. That's right, folks, I broke out the hairbows! I had never tried them and started with the simple lined clips to pull back Annabeth's bangs, but got brave and decided to try some actual bows. I'm pretty proud and excited. I ordered some ribbon today to make some of the cute Korker bows. I'll keep you posted on that, too!
Here is our Family Photo for the week:
I'm excited for a week to work at home this week. It's time to turn over closets. I gotta pack up last season's clothes for the kids and take the tags off and wash the new stuff. This is always exciting for me, but tons of work! I'm still working on the regular housework, too. Laundry and dishes and general chores. It' been cold here all week and today is beautiful.
I'm anxious for the weekend since Easter is finally here! Our church is having it's big Easter egg hunt on Saturday and I volunteered to help a little with that. Then, on Sunday, we'll go for service and come home to a big dinner. Since we can't make it down to Clarksville this year, I'm making my very first Easter ham per Nick's request. We'll see if it's edible or not, but I'm giving it a shot and thankful to have some of our own traditions.
A few pictures I wanted to share. Annabeth found love for the hairdryer last week. I thought it'd be cute to get a shot of that wind-blown hair look for her. Cute!
It's been a long week and I can only hope the rest of the week passes quickly, too. Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
5 comments:
Good luck with the ham! Don't forget the pineapple and juice!!
Love all the pics! You HAVE been a busy lady! The bows look great! I make all of Dani's now and she has about 100! Literally! She has one for every outfit! LOL! Hope your Easter is a GREAT one!
What an adorable pic to end the post on! Kind of makes up for the poo incident. OMG!
I am so proud of you with the hairbows! GO YOU!
I know you haven't been as inspired to blog lately, but I do hope you stick with it! I miss your posts!
Yeah for the hair bows! Make some pink rufflely ones! Well, actually I like the tiara! Can you do those, too?
I was going to ask what is for lunch, but now I know. Are you making extra?
Love the hair bows!!! :) Happy easter!
Post a Comment