Then, on Saturday morning, I headed to the church to help with their community egg hunt. There were right at 5000 eggs to hide and set up and such and I did my part and then got to be the mom and have fun with the kids. Annabeth went with Nick and I went with Evan, so not much for pictures of the actual hunt, but I did get some photos of the other activites. They had bounce houses, face painting, the Easter Bunny was there (see how excited Annabeth was to see him?? lol) and they served lunch, too. The weather was cold, 32 degrees when I left the house before 8am, but warmed up a bit by lunchtime and it was a blast!
She kept waving at him and wanted to get close, but when he came to us, she froze! I handed her off to him for a picture and she was literally FROZEN! She didn't bend her legs or her turn her head. Nick and I were cracking up!
Easter morning was busy. The Easter Bunny had come and left a gift for each kiddo and a chocolate bunny. He had left eggs around in the house for them to find, too. So the kids hunted more eggs while I prepared my very first Easter ham for the oven.

Annabeth wasn't being very cooperative. She kept laying her head down and pretending to be sleeping. Finally, Nick swung around at the last second and we got this one! Too cute!
On Sunday, the rains came. It was horrible. Cold and buckets of rain. We were so glad we had made the decision to stay home vs. driving in that rain to visit my family in the River Valley. We couldn't see 50 ft. in front of us and the wind was so nasty, Nick struggled with his little car.We came home and I started on the rest of lunch. I was proud of myself and the ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans and rolls were yummy!
I hope you all had a blessed Easter!
4 comments:
what a great post! wonderful stories and pics. I am so glad you all had a wonderful Easter! good for you for cooking! :)
We missed you but don't blame you for not coming. Thanks for sharing the pics, though. I miss the hugs and kisses.
My sis & I are going a yard sale next weekend and I didn't realize how much "crap" I have. I've been lugging up from the basement and sorting and pricing since Monday! I'm not even 1/4 through! I've spent about 3hrs just today on sorting the clothes.
Looks like a great Easter you had!
I am surprised Evan had school on Friday, both the catholic and public schools are closed for Good Friday and Easter Monday here.
Post a Comment