Monday, May 4, 2009

Catching up again.

I honestly can't say I've missed blogging over the last few weeks. I thought about it a lot, but just didn't have the time nor motivation to sit down and do it. I'm still not really feeling it. I think this dreary weather has got me out of whack and I'd rater be sleeping! But, life goes on and so must blogging. I know my peeps are just dying to know what's been going on in our lives, and it's my job to update! :)

I worked fast and furiously on a garage sale for the weekend of April 25th at my friend Meagan's house. Evan and I went over on Friday night and the two boys (her little guy Ethan is a year younger than Evan) played while Meagan and I worked in the garage. We both spent the night there and the boys had a great time staying up late and sleeping in sleeping bags in the floor! It was so fun for them. Saturday's sale wasn't that great for me. I hate doing garage sales. I don't know why I tried, but I did make a little cash and got rid of a bunch of junk and even sold several of my hair bows I had been working on! (I forgot my camera, but Meagan took photos. I'll post them once I get them from her!)

I came up with the idea to make a hair bow holder for Annabeth's room. I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up the coat rack shelf and made the ribbon holders. It turned out cute, I think!
Here are the bows I had for sale. I sold six, I think! Paid for my supplies and I was happy with that! Anyone need any hair bows? :)
So, we went through a bit of a rough patch here. First, Evan got sick. He was running a fever for a short time, but it was mostly a horrible cough with some congestion. I got a call from the school nurse saying Evan had some bumps in the back of his mouth and they had never seen that before so it sent me into panic mode. (That's easy to do when it comes to my kids!) I took him to the doctor and the cultured the bumps for me. When the doctor took a peek, she immediately said he's fine. The bumps are called "cobble stoning" and are very normal in kids with a lot of drainage in the throat which he had. I was relieved and so was he.
Here is the family photo of the week for 4/19:
He finally got over that cough by giving it to his sister. The virus hit her much harder than it did him. She had a cough starting on Thursday (the day after we sat in the sick clinic, of course!) and by Friday was running a low grade fever. The fever spiked to 103 on Saturday and the poor thing just felt miserable. We kept alternating with Tylenol/Motrin every 3 hours to keep the fever down and on Monday morning, I drove her to the doctor. They said her chest, ears and nose looked fine. Her throat was red and irritated and there wasn't much they could do for her. He did give me a sample of some cough medicine to help with the cough and told me to continue the Tylenol/Motrin until her fever was gone. So we did. She was better within a couple of days and back to her ornery self!

That all ended last week. Evan had a field trip planned on Friday that was cancelled because of the massive amounts of rain we got last week. The kids were all so sad and so was I. I was looking forward to this trip. I promise to make it up to him, though. We'll make it to the Gentry Safari soon.

This was our first Sunday back to church all together. I stayed home on 4/19 with Evan then on 4/26 with Annabeth. So we were out of practice on our group shots. We'll take what we get, I guess. Here is this week's picture!
Just a cute one of the kids:
I also got to scrapbook yesterday. Our local scrapbook store decided to open on Sunday afternoons and I decided to use the lazy, rainy afternoon to get my scrapbook on. I finished 3 new layouts. Pretty good considering I left all my pictures at home except for the big envelopes I had tucked in my kit bag. So, that's what I had to work with.
We have a busy month planned for May. I want to take the time to mention my OLW (One Little Word) for May now in case I end up neglecting my blog over the next few busy weeks. So May's OLW is CONNECT. I loved this definition: To establish a rapport or relationship; relate. That's what I'm hoping for.

The scripture of the month is:
"I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her." Genesis 17:16

The quote of the month is:
"A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a key to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world."
Author: Lois Wyse

May is packed with tons of last minute things. We're still counting down to my baby boy's last day of Kindergarten. He only has 19 1/2 days left before Summer vacation. I'll be attending a Mother's Day Tea on Friday in his classroom. Next week is my final MOPS meeting for this year and we're having a big spa day. Then, next Saturday is Evan's Carnival Birthday Party. We're having it here at the house from 1-4 pm. Please, Lord, NO RAIN!!! I hope to get the invites out this week.

Ok, enough is enough. Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

oh well i like that definition! that's not the one i found! lol

glad to see you on here! at least once a week, PLEASE!!! :)