Monday, March 30, 2009

Bye bye Spring Break!

Cute huh???

What a week we had last week. I loved having Evan home and so did his little sister! We didn't plan any trips and didn't even have much for outings because the weather was so crappy. Cold and rainy every day and on Saturday, SNOW! It was completely crazy! We did get some video games in and had a great time.

I'm not sure if I blogged about this before or not, but we found a few weeks back that Evan's little friend Juliana lives in our neighborhood. It's not really close-I would never let him walk there by himself, but just the same, it's here and he's more than excited! I finally got hooked up with her mother and we got the kids together twice over Spring Break. That was Evan's special event. lol

The first time, on Wednesday, was a play date at her house. We played outside on their trampoline. The weather was yuck. Too cold and wet and it was muddy, but Evan had the best time. He invited Juliana to our house on Friday. Her mother had some errands to run, so she dropped Juliana off with us and the kids played here for the afternoon. We played Ker Plunk (one of Evan's favorite games) and the kids helped me make cookies and I let them decorate a few. We popped popcorn and watched Madagascar 2 before her mom picked her up. It was a nice time and I was happy it made Evan's week complete!

After the freak Saturday snow, on Sunday we squeezed in our family portrait, made it to church on time and then I took Evan and met our friends, Allyce and Ella, at the movies. We watched Monsters Vs. Aliens in 3D. It was neat and the kids had fun. We got popcorn and gummy bears and cool 3D glasses to wear. Ella and Evan were hilarious with their commentary during the movie. Ella, who is 3, was sure we were all IN the movie and Evan kept reaching out to touch things. It was a LONG time to wear those glasses and both the kids got tired of trying to keep them on their small noses, but we all had a great time anyway! I was sad I left my camera at home. The kiddos were adorable in those glasses!
Annabeth is REALLY into dress up these days. She got this outfit for Christmas and in the past week, we can't get her out of it. It's the first thing she does when she wakes up and we have to pry it off of her for bedtime. Complete with crown and shoes. Have I mentioned that I wouldn't have it any other way?? :)
And, I wanted to share an extra sweet video of Evan singing a lullaby to Annabeth at bedtime. He's such a good big brother. What a blessed Momma I am!




Update on Trevor:
Copied from his Caring Bride page (click here for link):

Friday, March 27, 2009 11:57 PM, CDT

Trevor is home again. He has compleed the 6th BIG chemo treatment and wasn't very sick. They have scheduled scans for the 14th of April. After that, we will know what the road map holds. We have been told there will be 7 more followup (not as strong) chemos, radiation and surgery to remove left over tumor and repair the bone in his pelvic. Please continue to pray as we still haven't been told he was in remission. We expected this after the 4th treatment. He is feeling much better and is walking some now. The family is beginning plans for the time when he has radiation. He will have to go every day for 10 weeks.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you for the update. I'm glad Evan's spring break was fun for him in spite of EVERYTHING! I know he is a good big brother! What adorable little sister he has!

Stephanie said...

Love the family photo for the week! What in the world is on your mantle.

Glad you all had a great Spring Break together. Isn't it so nice to have a break in the school routine. I am so looking forward to summer although I will be sad that K is over!

I will have to take Ash to see that movie! Cool!

Thanks for keeping us updated on Trevor. He is continually in our thoughts and prayers.

Love you!!!

Leanna said...

Ginger, your kids are ADORABLE!!! Evan is a wonderful big brother and Princess Annabeth looks so cute in her Cinderella attire.

Linda said...

I come to your blog all the time to read updates on Trevor. I'm so glad that he's doing well. :) Also love seeing what your kids are up to, of course.