Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Nick!

I'm going to start with our Family Photo of the Week from this week. It's been a LONG week to say the least!

It's funny, when we took this, I felt absolutely fine. We got up, I baked some treats for our Sunday School class and headed out to church. When we got home that afternoon, I snagged an afternoon nap and woke up with a sore throat. I didn't think anything about it. Just took some Tylenol and went on with the day.

Monday was Nick's birthday. He turned 31. He went to work like normal and although I felt pretty terrible, I went to the store for some birthday stuff and ordered him a DQ ice cream cake. I spent the day getting ready for that and by the time it was time to put dinner in the oven, I felt like dirt! He got home and we had dinner and he opened his presents and we all ate cake. He got some accessories to his Sirius radioWe had a good night together and bedtime couldn't have come soon enough for me!
I didn't sleep at all that night. I rolled over and looked at the clock around 5:30am and decided to get up and get dressed and be waiting at the Convenient Care Clinic when they opened in hopes of being home in time for Nick to get to work. I got home around 8 am with a diagnosis of influenza Type A, Sinusitis, Bronchitis and an Upper Respiratory Infection. Oh, boy. I was put on quarantine until Friday night so Nick decided he'd keep Annabeth and work from home for a couple of days so I could rest and not infect her. I'll post an update on how we're feeling later.

Just a cute photo of kids from the weekend:

And a portrait of George Washington Evan drew last week. Pretty darn good for a 5 year old!

3 comments:

Leanna said...

WOW!! At 27, I still can't draw like that. :( I hope you feel better soon.

Mom said...

I love the picture of George Washington. Did you tell him he has kin named George Washington?

Got cake?

Stephanie said...

what a cool drawing! you better hang on to that one!

I am so sorry you are sick!