Monday, March 9, 2009

Back to blogging!

I've been totally out of it. Blogging that is. With me being so sick and then busy on top of that, I've been a bad blogger. I haven't kept my own up, much less read up on all my friends. I hope to catch up a little today.

I want to back up to my March=Invite post. I'd like to elaborate on that some more. I mentioned I wanted March to be a social month for us. To invite others into our home and on play dates and such. I also want to make an effort to invite others into our lives. Make new friends and let them in. Be open and trusting and hopeful. Be gracious and welcoming. See, I knew if I gave myself a little time, I'd come up with the perfect meaning for INVITE!

The scripture for this month is: Luke 14:23 (NIV)

"Then the master told his servant, 'Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full.

The quote of the month is:
"If you have butterflies in your stomach, invite them into your heart." - Cooper Eden

No Family Photo of the week this week. Although, I did go to church, I was working in the kitchen with our MOPS group. I really thought I was feeling pretty good, but after working so hard on Sunday, I know now that I'm still a bit under the weather. I'm run down and tired and still fighting a little cough/congestion. The rest of the family didn't venture out. Nick isn't feeling good. He kept the kids home with him. Annabeth is fighting off what seems to be a cold.

We're in the process of a huge transition with Annabeth. On Saturday, we set up her big girl bed. We did leave the crib up. I'm not taking it down until she's gotten the hang of the big girl bed and is I feel like we don't need it anymore. Her room is a little cramped, but that's ok! I found a CUTE quilt at the grand opening of our TARGET store and a matching sheet set. I'm going to have to order a dust ruffle. I can't seem to find one local that's what I need. I'm also on the hunt for a lime green throw pillow. So far, no luck! It's not going great, but we're working on it. Any suggestions on how to keep a very strong-willed little girl in her bed would be welcomed! lol
Nick is traveling some this week. I always hate when he's gone, but with me still feeling blah, and Annabeth on the verge, I'm really dreading this trip.

Oh, and I HATE Daylight Savings Time. No one wants to get up and around in pitch dark! Especially not me! :) Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love, love, love that bedding! SUPER cute!!!

Good luck!

Leanna said...

Great minds think alike!! I picked that out for Chloe because her favorite color was brown, but it didn't come in queen size.

Scrappy Gal said...

I love her new bed!! I have no suggestions on her to keep her in there....bribery? LOL

Chelle said...

I love the new quilt. No suggestions because Dakota will come to our room in the middle of the night. LOL