Monday, February 2, 2009

Have a giggle at our expense:

I wanted to get a couple of funnies down before it slips my mind. I'll start with Evan. He's turned into quite the joker. He's always making up jokes (that we laugh at of course!) and sneaking around trying to scare us. I'll back up a bit so you get the full effect of the story. For Christmas two years ago, he got this learning clock. One of those where it teaches you what time it is and you can change the hands and it will teach you what time it says. It also has an alarm feature that has 3 choices for sounds; hush (no sound), a bell and farm animals. Well, on Saturday morning, Nick and I were still in bed sleeping and Evan crept in to Nick's side, pushed the button at the exact moment to make a rooster crow! Nick jumped and Evan laughed...and laughed...and laughed! He was so proud of himself for scaring Daddy and I was happy for him. Nick, on the other hand, not so happy! lol

Annabeth is quite a handful! It must be a little girl thing because Evan was not like her. Her latest thing, taking off her clothes and diaper is still a struggle everyday. I had went to duck tape on the onesie to keep her from taking that off and keep her diaper in it, but she just started tearing at her diaper until it shredded into 1000 pieces. Then she proceeded to pee all over her bed...or worse. Today, I was talking to my friend Stephanie and she said she read a new tip; to safety pin the zipper in place! Genius!! I used that method today and it worked! So far anyway. Everything seems to work for a couple of days then she figures out some way to beat it. I just hope this sticks!

Another battle with her is keeping her out of the bathroom. I put one of those door knob covers on it and it keeps her out, but if for any reason one of us (including the very easily side-tracked 5 year old!) leaves the door open, it's a free for all for her. On Friday, Evan asked if he and Annabeth could watch a movie in his room. I said yes and after about 10 minutes of too quiet, I got up to go check on them. Surprise, Evan was sitting quietly, watching the movie and Annabeth was no where to be found. I turned back around and see Chief laying on the floor in front of the bathroom door which is closed. I opened the door to find Annabeth on the step stool with the hand soap. Ugh! I thought it was cute, but that I had caught her in time until I she turned and I see the other side of her head in the mirror. She had apparently been rubbing the exact same spot with hand soap for 10 minutes! It was a huge matted mess and she got a one-way ticket into the bath!

I guess they'll both be keeping us on our toes, right?

6 comments:

Scrappy Gal said...

he he he :) You know I remember your Annabeth diaper issues and I meant to tell you about the safety pin thing. Apparently, I did the same thing and my mom did that for me and I couldn't never seem to undo the pin ;) I hope it works well for you, at least, until she becomes uninterested in that.

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!!!

BeanSproutMom said...

Haha! We had bathroom issues with Seth too...except he liked to paint things with toothpaste. It was pretty gross.

Stephanie said...

LOL! Love the soap spot! Look at all that hair she (finally) has! You know it's never good when it's "too" quiet. Your Evan is such a jokester!

Mom said...

Put up the scissors! Turn up the monitors! Kids will be kids! LOL

Mom said...

Put up the scissors! Turn up the monitors! Kids will be kids! LOL