Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another no-nap day!

I've been putting off blogging. I guess I'm just too busy or too busy being tired; one or the other. And, Annabeth hasn't been napping and I just can't seem to get everything done I need to. I'm way behind on catching you up. Luckily, last week was pretty uneventful!

Evan has managed to avoid the flu plague that has hit his school. On Tuesday of last week, his class had dwindled from 21 to 12 by the end of the day. There was one case on the day of his Valentine's party, and the following week was brutal. Tons of sick kids! I worked really hard with Nick being gone (I forgot I never blogged about that. Nick was out of town all of last week so I was on my own!) keeping Evan bathed and hands washed, vitamins and such. I just needed him to stay well and he he has! Thank you, Jesus!

On Wednesday, my Dad had another procedure done. I worked out all the details so I could be with him only to have them dashed by illness and other circumstances far out of my control. It worked out ok, I guess-just the way it was meant to. I dropped Annabeth off with a sitter and got down to Fayetteville just in time for them to come in and tell us they were running 3 hours behind! gees! I packed back up and rushed (and I DO mean rushed) home to get Evan from school. My friend Meagan was going to take him home with her, but her little boy was sick. And apparently Dad didn't need me there, cause just as I pulled into the pick-up line to get Evan, the doctor called to say they were done and all was fine. Dad would just need to have someone pick him up around 7:30pm. WHAT??? I didn't plan for that and with Nick out of town and no one else to do it, I had to keep the kids up late and drive back down to pick up. He spent the night on our couch.

Annabeth chose that night to stay up ALL night. I'm not even kidding. She slept from about 8pm-12pm and then wouldn't sleep. She SCREAMED for hours until I was just about to lose it. I gave Nick a call about 4am so he could have a talk with HIS daughter. That didn't work either. Around 5:30am, she finally fell asleep and woke up by 7 am, just in time to take Grandpa George back to Fayetteville to his waiting car so he could drive himself home. Ugh! I thought I was going to die. Poor Evan was exhausted, too, as Annabeth managed to keep the whole house up!

On Thursday, Nick visited a new property he has acquired for a little while. It's in Ft. Smith and he spent a whole day there before he came home Thursday night. He walked in and I walked out with a kiss in the garage. I had to go the PTO meeting and boy, did I need it! lol

Friday, Annabeth and I ventured out to MOPS. We always have a great time doing that and it was great for both of us to get out of the house. I had dinner with my friend Allyce on Friday night and was home early enough to cuddle with Nick and watch some TV. On Saturday, I went out shopping for some side tables for our bedroom. I got a great deal at Hobby Lobby and the tables look great! Nick was thrilled with them ad when he found out how cheap they were, he was even more excited!
Sunday was a church day. I was afraid both kids might keep us home with illness, but they were fine. We took our family picture and were out the door on time.
When we got home that afternoon, Nick and I worked on putting my layouts into albums. I had a stack of AT LEAST 200 layouts that weren't in albums yet and I just decided to change the way I scrapbook, so it was a greap time to file those away. We got about 3/4 done and I was happy with that.

Here is my first offical 2009 layout!
Monday and Tuesday were lazy days for us. I worked on laundry and some housework. Then today, Annabeth and I got out to Hobby Lobby for end table for the living room. We were using one of those cheap $5 glass-top tables from Wal-mart and yesterday Annabeth was playing under it and I was standing right there to drag her out when it collapsed on top of her. She was fine! No bumps or anything. It just scared her half to death (and me, too!), so it was time for an upgrade! I found a cute table for pretty cheap and actually love it in the space. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it works, so I'll take it! I'm still looking for something to put under it. Probably a big basket or plant or something. I hate being able to see those cords!
Ok, time to get get Evan from school! Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

Scrappy Gal said...

I can hear you all around as of late!!! well, not the up late Annabeth part, but all the rest!

I love the tables!!

Mom said...

I got a thing for granny that holds her cords. You can get them at Walmart in hardware. They usually have them at Kirklands, too. Sometimes you can find them in a computer dept. or store.

Save the glass. Granny needs it.

Stephanie said...

Finally getting to catch up with your blog! I love the side tables - way cute! AB's hair is really getting longer and longer! Look at those adorable pigtails! I like how you all always stand in the same spots/places. That will be cool when you look back on them all!

What do you mean you decided to change the way you scrapbook?? I was not aware of this. lol

Your LO is so cute!!! I like your new side table for the living room - I am seeing a bushy plant. Wish I could go to HL with you.