Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The End.

Wow! What an awesome Christmas we had. It seems like it can't be over yet, but it is. Annabeth is tucked into bed and Evan will be close behind her. They are both just exhausted from our long day, but Evan can't give it up. He still has several new toys he hasn't played with yet.


Yesterday, TJ and I decorated cookies for Santa. We let Evan pick his 3 faves, all of which happened to be ones I decorated. It was great! TJ is a horrible loser, so I had fun rubbing it in his face.

Evan sprinkled some handmade "Magic Reindeer Dust" out on the front lawn. It consisted of some oats, sugar sprinkles and some glitter for shine. He says the Reindeer Dust is for the "other reindeer" cause he left Rudolph his very own carrot. It was cute, even though we got caught up with something else and forgot to go out while it was light out. GAAH! Our first year for this and I let the daylight slip away. I still managed a few pics for my scrapbook page anyway! ;)


My earlier post tells about this Christmas morning. How Evan got up at 5 and we snuggled him in bed with us so he'd go back to sleep. Santa's Elves were up late last night and got NO sleep (I mean less than 3 hours) on Saturday night. So we needed those few extra hours. Evan and Annabeth both woke up about the same time-just after 7 am. We had to remind Evan there were presents in the Living Room. HaHa Then, he came with the stories about how he saw all kinds of presents when he walked by earlier and he knew Santa had been here. YAY! What a sweet boy. He and Annabeth saw the presents at the same time. It was so much for poor baby girl. She couldn't believe her eyes. Adorable.


They both made out like bandits, too. Annabeth's prize present was her VW Beetle in PINK with her new baby dolls and accessories running a close second. And Evan's fave was his new V Smile system and games. We always tend to overdue, but hey, I can't help it.


We had a slight run in with the dog just before leaving to go to my Nanny's house for Christmas Lunch. Chief got a pill that was dropped and we had to call the vet to see what to do. We ended up having to take both dogs with us just to be able to watch Chief. Long story short, he was fine.


We celebrated Jesus' brithday at Nanny and Grandad's. The kids all opened gifts before we listened to Nanny read from the book of Luke (KJV) and sat down to eat our traditional Ham Dinner with all the fixins. Yummy! Then a quick swing by my Dad's for a visit and hugs before we had to load up and come home. Neither child had napped yet and it was already 3 pm. We made it home around dinner time, had some quick supper and let the kid's play with all their new toys. It was truly the best Christmas I could have wished for and I didn't open a single present. That just goes to show, sometimes, GIVING is more important than the getting.


Now, I'm shuffling gifts and putting things in their place just in time for bedtime. We have only a few days til Nick gets a long weekend and I can hardly wait! He goes back to work tomorrow and I'll be on my own. *sigh


I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and that you were all blessed with a day filled with love, laughs and family. I'm glad it's over, now, and I'm looking forward the New Year! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was finally able to hop on here and catch up with your blog, and I love it! Of course I know most everything anyway since we talk all the time LOL but there were some things I didn't know and I love all the pics and also your newest LOs. You might inspire me to create my own, in all of my spare time ROFL!

Scrappy Gal said...

LOVE your cookies! What a super job you guys did! Love all the pics and I want a pink bug ;)

mrssuperteece said...

I can finally post on your blog. I did have an account, after all. I just didn't remember it. Your cookies look amazing. They could be on a magazine cover. I'm happy to hear you all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas together.