Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A snow day blog

Well, I wished for a lazy snow day and boy, did I get it! It's been wonderful. We all slept in a bit after I got up just to check to see if school was canceled or not. I knew last night Evan wouldn't have school today, but Rogers School District, which is what my job goes off of, waiting til this morning to announce. I was glad to see they had canceled because I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it there anyway. It took some of the pressure off me.

I watched some TV off the DVR while the kids watched cartoons and Nick worked. Then we spent 25 minutes getting all bundled up to go out in the snow. It was the first official snow day for Annabeth and we celebrated it big. We found a good hill at the golf course and my brother, Daymond, took on the sled-master role so I could take pictures. Evan decided he he wanted to ride the disc down himself and when I tried to catch him my camera hit him in his lip. He was done after that. He didn't enjoy the ride anyway, but I was hoping for more! :)

 

 Annabeth, as we all know, is a little more fearless. She hopped on the sled with Uncle Daymond and they took a ride down the hill together. I snapped pictures and laughed because I could see her face and she wasn't having fun. She was getting snow in her face and it was so cold! She promptly declared she was NOT doing that again, but she'd watch Uncle Daymond go again. Silly girl. At least she tried, though.


On the way home, Evan spoke to say something and instead of any words, he got sick all over the backseat of the van. We were close to home, thank goodness, so we drug everything out and spent a half hour cleaning it up. I felt so bad for him. I'm not sure if all the excitement just got to him or if he has a bug or something. Either way, it was a great day for a snow day!

This afternoon, the kids played so great together. Evan had some video game time and Annabeth paraded out in one outfit after another. That girl still loves her dress up. She's been all about putting on a show and we sit and laugh. So entertaining! I have no idea where she gets that from, but I've heard stories. :)

I watched a movie (Twilight) and convinced Nick we should order pizza for dinner since the day has been so lazy. I hated to ruin it by slaving over dinner! Ha! It'll be early bedtimes for all tonight. I already got an email saying school will be in session tomorrow. We slacked on any homework so tomorrow will be back to it. I have to get clothes laid out and backpacks ready. It'll be a long Wednesday. That's for sure!

No comments: