Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Christmas Post (like A Christmas Story).

I honestly have no idea where the year went, but nevertheless, it's gone. I wanted to post a few photos from our Christmas. We spent Christmas day at Disney World and traveled home the next day. Our flight home was delayed and by the time we reached Arkansas, it was dark. We drove straight to my mom's house to pick up our puppies and had a family Christmas over there. It didn't last long since we were tired and it was already late, but the kids got a quick taste of opening presents in case they'd forgotten how. :)

Then we came home where Santa had came and left all the kid's presents. We had them cover their eyes and led them into the living room.

 This was the look on their faces when the saw the tree.
A sight to see:
 The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.

 Evan got an XBox360, which he was super excited about.
 And, I mean really excited!
 Annabeth got lots of Princess stuff. A Magic Rise Oven and a 3 ft tall Rapunzel doll.
 And a Strawberry Shortcake DVD. (Talk about a blast from my past!)
 He left these little coin purses that have her picture on them with Cinderella and Minnie Mouse.
 And Nick got coal in his stocking. Poor Nick! :)
It was tough to convince them that bedtime was most important that night, but we finally got them tucked in and Nick and I, though totally exhausted, started on laundry and the unpacking. A week and half later, I think we're getting caught up. We didn't do anything for New Year's. I did manage to stay up and ring in the New Year for the first time in 10 years according to Nick. I'm rolling my eyes here because I'm certain I pulled it off at least one other time since we've been married. :)

It was back to school on Monday for Annabeth and I, and Evan got an extra day and started back on Tuesday. Second semester has officially started so we're in the home-stretch now.

I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! May you be blessed in 2011!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Kids looked very happy. Mark got coal in his stocking as well.