Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Little Ballerina.

I said there big things coming and they started this week in a big way. Anyone that knows me knows I danced my whole childhood. From the age of 4 until I graduated High School (with a little break in between because our teacher moved away). I love dance. All kinds and it was always one of my biggest dreams to have my little girl in her own pink ballet shoes with the love of dance in her own little heart. This week, that dream came to life for me. Annabeth started her very first dance class.

Here is a scrapbook layout I did a while with some of my dance photos in it. The other two girls were my two dance besties. We literally grew up dancing together! I only hope Annabeth gets to experience that for herself.

It happened really fast as I had checked into in the Fall, but we decided Annabeth just wasn't ready just yet. Then after the first of the year, we felt like she had matured so much and I really wanted to give her the chance. Once I started calling around, I realized all the spaces were full. Dance really is a year-long thing. It's not something you can just start mid-way through. So I was so glad when I got a call back that they had an opening at the studio I really wanted in! A little girl had dropped out and Annabeth would be filling her spot-the very last spot in the class! Whew!

So the race was on for me to round up tap shoes, ballet shoes, leotards, tights and leg warmers! I ordered her some Capezio taps and went with a local ballet shoe so I could be sure of the fit. I still have leotards and dance skirts on the way, but she didn't disappoint for her lesson. She was dressed like a Prima Ballerina and was just glowing with excitement.

Monday was her first class. I was thrilled to know the teacher, Ms. Meghan, would allow me into class the first week to take photos. Annabeth warmed right up and followed along wonderfully. She was so darn cute! She kept asking me to leave the room, but I kept making excuses so I could snap away and capture this very special memory in photos. I MAY have taken 98 photos in the one hour class time! :o)

Ballet is first:







Then some tumbling:


Bring on the tap shoes!!!






Annabeth loves the spotlight. When class was over she asked if she come back some time. I explained she gets to come back each Monday. I'm not sure who is happier about that? More milestones tomorrow, so I'll try to post again soon! :)

1 comment:

Chelle said...

That is great that you were allowed in to take photos. At Dakota's dance studio we are not allowed in. The only class photos I have are from last year when they had viewing week..even though it was cancelled the instructor let my stepdad in since he came up from Georgia.