We missed the first white Christmas I can remember in my lifetime here. They got a perfect couple of inches, but of course, we were in Florida and although it was pretty cold there, there was no snow!
Then, at the end of last week, the snow started to fall again. The kids were so excited to get out and play some, but it was cold and a useless snow for us. It was too powdery for snowmen or snowballs and we have no place to sled.
On Monday, no school! An extended Christmas vacation? Sounds perfect! Tuesday. No school! Wednesday? No school! (Are you getting the pattern here?) Thursday and Friday? No school! Ugh! A whole extra week of vacation and all because of the snow that fell on the weekend. Oh, did I mention yet it was only about 4 inches? The roads were just too icy and temperatures didn’t get above freezing for any melting to occur. There have been record low temperatures here and record high temps (or lack there of!), too. It’s been too cold and too risky for me to get out and I’m getting cabin fever! I can’t wait to get out of the house!
When we came in from playing in the snow, I put all the wet layers in the dryer. After the cycle ran, the clothes were still wet. Ugh! I called first thing Monday morning and scheduled for someone to come fix the dryer. He came on Wednesday. Turns out, it was the heating element and a smooth $178 later, I could do laundry again. Gees, I could have got a new dryer for just a little more. I wish the guy would have told me the price BEFORE he fixed it. Took him all of 10 minutes. Oh well! At least it’s fixed.
It’s been a while since I updated about Trevor. It’s been a long road, but he’s finished with his chemo and radiation treatments. The news has been like a roller-coaster. Some good then really good then the good has been yanked away and it’s been bad. I don’t even want to go into all of it now, but I am asking for you pray for him this week. He goes back this week on the 12th for his follow-up scans. This is when we’ll find out if the radiation eliminated the tumor and what the next step will be. He has been contacted by the Make A Wish Foundation and has some things in the works there. His hair is growing back and his spirits are high-just like always! I tell you, that kid is an angel here on Earth! His birthday is also coming up. He’ll turn 11 on 1/17. If you would like to shower him with birthday cards, ask me for his address and I’ll send it to you privately. He really does deserve it! I BELIEVE that God is in control and I BELIEVE He will heal Trevor. I’m praying every day for a complete healing. (Thanks to my friend, Anndee!)
Much love to all of you! Stay warm and snuggle somebody you love! :)
3 comments:
Great to see a post from you. Love the snow pics! Typical AR snow/ice huh?? The extra week probably wouldn't have been so bad if you had been expecting and planning for it though! I'm glad you had a good time at Disney! Still waiting for all those pics! LOL
Great to catch up with you some yesterday. Love and miss you!
I love the snow pics! I know the kids loved it, too! Can you imagine living up north where you are snowed in FOREVER>>>>>>>>?
What, does AR not believe in plowing or salting/sanding the roads? ;) I know it's not common for that cold weather down there, but you do get snow.....insanity ;)
Email me Trevors address...I'll send him a card. Does he have any favorite colors or whatever?
Post a Comment