Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009!

I can’t even fathom how quickly this year has come and gone. Every month seems to fly by even quicker than the one before it and it exhausts me just trying to keep up. It’s been so long since I updated my blog. I guess everyone has given up on me, but never fear! Ginger is here! :)

Catching up on the past few months would be impossible. We all stayed healthy and happy and have spent every minute enjoying life. Evan is still loving school. First grade has been a breeze for him. His report card brought us great joy; all A’s! He’s reading above his grade level and proving to be smarter every day. He is a gamer at heart and loves all things technical! Santa brought him several new games although he says his favorite Christmas present came from Uncle Daymond, a nerf dart shooter! Who knew!?

Annabeth is such a girly girl. She’s up and dressed before me every morning. She picks out her own clothes and does a great job of matching, even down to her socks! (She sure doesn’t get that from her Daddy!) She loves dress up, princesses, babies and stuffed animals. She’s very motherly and loves to take care of her babies. Her personality is changing daily. She is quite busy all the time and therefore, so am I! Santa brought her a 5ft tall doll house and she has enjoyed that!

DSC_0052

We took our big trip to Disney this month. We spent 8 nights in Orlando and 7 FULL days in the parks. We were surprised to hear that Nick’s Aunt Patti and Uncle Charles were in Orlando at the same time as us and thrilled to get to spend some time with them at the parks. We hadn’t seen them since Grandpa Amos passed away. Annabeth wasn’t born yet and Evan was just a baby.

DSC_0083

I took so many photos while at Disney, and I’ve posted an album on my Facebook page. If you don’t have Facebook, but want to see the pics, email me and I’ll send you the link. I just hate to repost them all again! :) Here are a few of my faves, tho!

DSC_0016 DSC_0005DSC_0074DSC_0060 DSC_0017     DSC_0067  DSC_0084DSC_0041 DSC_0003

DSC_0017  DSC_0009 DSC_0015DSC_0168DSC_0220

I fell off reporting on my OLW for the last couple of months. I do want to report that I lived them, even though I didn’t tell you all about it. My OLW for the year, ENOUGH, proved to be heartwarming every time I thought of it. I’m proud of all it meant to me and so pleased with the memories we created as a family in 2009.

I haven’t thought much about New Year’s resolutions. I know I need something to keep me motivated and accountable, but just not sure a list would work. I have chosen my OLW for 2010 and what better time to share that with you then the last day of 2009!

I chose the word BELIEVE. It was actually my word for December this year, but I want to live it in 2010 on a much grander scale. I want to BELIEVE in all things good and BELIEVE that God is in control of my life and every day He gives me is a gift. Not just know these things are true, but BELIEVE them with my whole heart.

Even though 2009 was a tough year for my family, I BELIEVE that 2010 will be better. I can’t wait to turn the page and start fresh in this new year; this new decade! May all glory to be God and may He abundantly bless you and your family in 2010!

6 comments:

Leanna said...

I love the blog post and the 2010 word. May I read your paragraph about BELIEVE to my co-workers at Mother's Day Out?

What did you think of 7 days in the park?? We thought it was too much.

Mom said...

Yeah! I'm glad that 2009 is over! Since I'm already in bed....it's over! We had lots of fun and fond memories in '09 but I know 2010 will be better.

BELIEVE that our country will wake up and put God first!

Love you, Mom

Mom said...

And...put me on the email list!
And...update my picture!

Kathy said...

Loved all the pictures. I am so glad Patti was able to see the kids. Annabeth is as busy as a little Tom. Nick resembles his dad more each day.

Happy New Year!

Stephanie said...

Great to see a post from u wrapping up 2009 and welcoming in 2010!!! I am still mulling about OLW. I think yours is perfect for u all! Disney looked amazing, can't wait to see all the pics. Love and miss u!

Scrappy Gal said...

I never gave up on you! I checked at least monthly :)

Here's to a wonderful decade! Maybe you'll scrap too! :)