Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowed In-AGAIN!

Well, the winter storm hit us just as they’d predicted. On Thursday night we got mostly ice, about 1/4-1/2 inch. It was enough to cancel school on Friday so the kids were all happy. But when we woke up on Friday, the snow was falling.  We couldn’t even get out in it because it was so cold and there was so much blowing snow! It snowed all day, and this morning we have over a foot of snow! That has to be a record or something. I can only remember one time in my childhood that we got a ton of snow, and I remember like it was yesterday.
Anyway, I took these photos on Friday at about 12:30pm:
DSC_0004 DSC_0003
Then, then same shot from this morning:
DSC_0001_00 DSC_0006
It was snowing 1-2 inches per hour and coming fast! We decided to get out and play a little and were hoping for good snowman snow, but nope! It’s too powdery again for any fun. Annabeth could hardly move it was so deep. We had a good time anyway.
DSC_0049 DSC_0022
DSC_0038 DSC_0032 DSC_0008DSC_0027  DSC_0044
Nick gave his best snow angel impersonation. Then Annabeth jumped inside his giant imprint. It reminded me of those dinosaur documentaries when you see someone standing in a giant footprint! It wish it was more defined in the photo. It was funny!
DSC_0040DSC_0041 
Evan was supposed to go to a friend’s birthday party today. I assumed it would be canceled and it was. He was bummed, but they’ve moved it to next Saturday so all is not lost.
I figure we’ll be stuck for another couple of days. Maybe even on Monday. Temperatures aren’t supposed to get above freezing until Monday, so the snow won’t be going anywhere and neither will we. That means no church tomorrow unless the sunshine works some magic today! I’m thankful we have power and we’re all warm safe. It’s another day to believe in God’s power and His love.
Now, to get to work on all the laundry we drug in from our snow fun! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love all the pics! That is amazing the amount of snow you all got. Kentucky hasn't even seen that much this winter. LOL