I stole that saying from the wall of our Sunday school class. I have always loved it, but it took on a whole new meaning for some reason today. As you know, BELIEVE is my One Little Word for the year. I intended for it to make a change in me spiritually, but have to admit I was surprised by the message it sent me today.
Today is Trevor’s 11th birthday. On Tuesday, he had his latest set of scans to check the progress of the tumor in his hip; to see how it responded to the chemo and radiation, but didn’t get a good report. We expected that magic word. You know the one. Remission. But we were heartbroken to hear that the tumor didn’t respond to the radiation like we had all hoped and he still isn’t cancer free.
The next bit of news was even harder to hear. Since he can’t have any more chemo or radiation, his only treatment option is surgery which includes amputation of his left leg including his pelvic and the doctors don’t believe he is strong enough for surgery. They are waiting 2 months and will rescan to see what the tumor does with no treatment. While they wait, I BELIEVE.
I BELIEVE that this is not the time to give up; that BELIEVING requires action. And even though I have seen that saying on the Sunday school class wall every week for nearly 2 years, it never meant anything special until this week. After hearing such bad news about Trevor D and being so broken up and beat down, I realized that saying was a message to me. Meant for this very moment in my life.
Believing requires action.
So I’m taking action. I’m telling his story and asking everyone to pray for him. I’m making a bold step out of my comfort zone. I BELIEVE that we are all God’s children and that He loves Trevor and has a purpose for his life. I BELIEVE that Satan is responsible for the cancer and I BELIEVE that God can heal his body and use him for a greater cause. I am praying everyday that God will heal Trevor completely and I BELIEVE that He can do so.
Believing requires action and I’m taking action!
4 comments:
I BELIEVE GINGER! Glory be to GOD I BELIEVE!
My thoughts are with Trevor. My friend has the same cancer, a young woman with a little girl that just turned 2. She found out she had this bump in her life while pregnant with her daughter.
She is still staying positive after all this time and so should Trevor.
I love you even if you make me cry!
Wonderfully said! I am so proud of you. Love you and I am praying and BELIEVING along with you!
Post a Comment