Saturday, June 5, 2010

A blog post. WHAT?

Honestly, what excuse can I give for the lack of blog posts since January 30th! Holy cow! It might as well be 10 years ago! So much has happened and I’m not sure why I haven’t made time to blog about it, but here I am. And I’m ready to spill it all!

I had a birthday. I turned 29. Gasp! I’m in my last year of my twenties. It seems to have gone by slower than the birthdays my two kiddos have celebrated, but time doesn’t stand still.

Here are some shots from February:

DSC_0001   DSC_0010DSC_0020DSC_0017  DSC_0021  DSC_0002 DSC_0016DSC_0009

Nick celebrated his 32nd birthday. It was low-key as he wasn’t super excited about another birthday. Annabeth and I made him a cake and called it good. He got a new video game that he didn’t wait to open til his birthday. I can see where Evan gets his love for all things gaming!

 DSC_0004  DSC_0009DSC_0008 DSC_0013 DSC_0017 DSC_0022

Evan was named student of the month and his picture was in the local paper:

DSC_0007

I took the kids to see Nickelodeon LIVE over Spring Break. It was a cute show and I bought the tickets way back in December.

 DSC_0001 DSC_0008 DSC_0080DSC_0066

We hunted lots of eggs on Easter. Our little town had a hunt. We went to the big one at our church and even had our own hunt here at home.

 DSC_0018 DSC_0029 DSC_0025  DSC_0025    DSC_0005 DSC_0012DSC_0010  DSC_0056DSC_0047DSC_0041DSC_0049DSC_0062

Annabeth attended a princess dress-up party and dressed as her favorite princess, Ariel. I took some great shots of her. I swear she thought she really was Princess Ariel!

 DSC_0039

DSC_0071 DSC_0073

Now, on to the rest April!

Evan lost tooth #3:DSC_0006

Then some cute shots of the kids:

DSC_0009 DSC_0013 

I took Annabeth on a swim play date at the pool and got some shots of her:

  DSC_0036DSC_0063DSC_0065DSC_0032  

We made a fast trip to Ames for the big Spring football game. We took Evan and Annabeth with us this time. It was Annabeth’s first game and we had fun, but it just showed us for a fact she wasn’t ready for her own season ticket just yet! ha!

DSC_0025 DSC_0026 DSC_0035 DSC_0040 DSC_0055 DSC_0057 DSC_0064

We got a new-to-us minivan. That will have to be another post cause I have yet to take pictures of the van. Thanks to Grandpa & Grandma for selling us their very well taken care of, way fancier than than old one, Toyota Sienna!

May, 2010

Evan lost tooth #4:

DSC_0001 DSC_0002

Then, the very next day he lost tooth #5 AND #6 in the same day! Whew, the Tooth Fairy was broke after all that!

Here is after #5:

DSC_0003 DSC_0004

And after #6:

DSC_0007 DSC_0008

I took Annabeth to pick strawberries. She picked about a quarter of a quart and I hurried to pick the rest. That girl just isn’t interested in anything unless she’s interested in it! Funny how that works!

DSC_0015 DSC_0009 

Then, it was time to celebrate Evan’s 7th birthday! He decided he wanted to invite a few boys from school over and play the Wii and I was happy to scale down his party a bit. I moved it to a Friday afternoon, thrilled to free up the Saturday for something else! He had a great party!

 DSC_0059 DSC_0062 DSC_0074 DSC_0075 

On his actual birthday, his first grade class took a field trip to the local baseball field for a field day. Of course, I went along to “supervise” or maybe just to take pictures as I took a ton that day. I surprised his class by buying slushies for everyone and another mom and I bought water guns to beat the heat! The kids had a great day, but it was HOT and they actually cut the field trip short because of it.

 DSC_0005 DSC_0011 DSC_0016 DSC_0029 DSC_0038DSC_0031 DSC_0033 DSC_0037 DSC_0041 DSC_0046 DSC_0049

I checked him out early and brought him home so we could celebrate family-style and he opened all his cards and the few presents we had bought him. He really wanted a pillow pet (from the really bad TV infomercial!) and after thinking he’d forget about it and pushing it off until the week before, I finally ordered him one. He named him “Dude”, but has since changed his name to “Leo”. He was so excited for all the cash he got and the Wal Mart gift card. He’s looking forward to spending it all on, guess what…video games! :)

 DSC_0054 DSC_0059 DSC_0071DSC_0063 DSC_0068 

Even though they sent home his report card on Friday. His final day of school was Tuesday, June 1st. We did have a great Memorial Day weekend. We bought a new pop up pool and stayed out in it all weekend. Nick grilled us lunch and dinner and we had church as usual. I promise there will photos to follow of our new pool! We’re all sporting a shade or two deeper of tan already this Summer!

On Tuesday, we met at the school at 1pm for the awards ceremony which lasted like 7 minutes! Evan was very excited to have received an art award(the medal around his neck) that he insists is made of real gold! He received the All A’s award and also the Top AR (Accelerated Reading) Points with 42! He was proud to say he All A’s ALL YEAR! Way to go, Evan!

DSC_0051  DSC_0087DSC_0093 DSC_0095

We’re so glad to have 1st grade all wrapped up with a bow on it! We celebrated by taking a mini vacation to Hot Springs and left that afternoon! That’ll have to be my next post. Maybe I won’t wait until October to update you all again! It’s going to be a busy Summer and I’m so ready!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Soooooooooooo very glad to see a blog post from you. I thought you had given up on them. I know you are on FB and I think Twitter but there's nothing like a good post to keep everyone updated. Loved all the pictures!

Scrappy Gal said...

It's about time! And, I thought I was behind as of late! ;)

Love how you updated 4 months in 1 post though.....busy busy! Can not believe that Evan lost that many teeth in 24hrs! How funny!!

Mom said...

I loved all the pictures! I had only seen a few of them so it was cool. You forgot to mention how much fun we had at the yard sale! LOL:-)

Kelly said...

I so understand! I just literally updated my blog since beginning of the year. It was so fun catching up on all the pics...wow AB has grown! Miss seeing all your scrappiness too!