Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Honoring GO!

Man, we have been honoring my June One Little Word, GO, in a big way this month. Unfortunately for my loyal blog readers, we didn't stop at the end of June and we're still super busy and my blog is super neglected. I'm happy about it all. We've done tons of new things and the kids have gotten to have some great experiences.

I'll start with Annabeth's birthday party at McDonald's. I chose that location because it was supposed to be cheap and easy- just show up! But,I was less than impressed once we got there. Those of you who were there, know what I'm saying. The kids all had fun and Annabeth had her first "friend" birthday party. So glad it's over, but so glad we did it.
Evan helping Annabeth wait to blow out the candles:

Then we had some more back yard water fun.

Then we tried out roller skating. It went much better than I thought it would. No broken bones and the kids had fun. They did both prefer the "safe" skates, though. I was ok with that.

Then last week, over the 4th of July holiday, we loaded up and made the trip to Iowa to visit the Job side of Nick's family. It was so great to visit with them and stuff ourselves with Grandma's cooking just to top it off with all the home made ice cream we could eat.
Grandma took some time to teach Annabeth the piano:
Our group shot:
Our Family Photo of the week:

We visited the Des Moines Science Center:

Look Mom, we're on TV!
Nick's Uncle Steve took us up in his airplane. This was Annabeth's first time up, but since Evan doesn't remember his first time, it will be be his first memory! It was a smooth ride and both kids LOVED it!

We celebrated Annabeth's birthday on the 4th of July. She had a personal Cinderella cake and the rest of us ate a cute round cake from the bakery. She was more than pleased to see Cinderella and loved all her presents.

Here she is eating up the attention of her Happy Birthday song:

Then we rounded off our trip with fireworks. It was late and around 55 degrees that night, not to mention (oh, wait, I am mentioning it, huh?) it was dreary and sprinkling out. The kiddos didn't even make it to the finale before they were ready to go back to the house.


Have I mentioned how much I love my new camera????

So.....July's OLW is QUESTION. (Are you sure about that??? lol)

The definition I'm using is: to analyze or examine. Seems simple enough, I guess. It may be harder to explain what I do to honor this word, but I'll sure try!

The scripture of the month is:
"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies." Proverbs 31:10

The quote of the month is:
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."~Albert Einstein

Ok, enough for now. Hope you enjoyed just a sampling of the nearly 400 pictures I took while we were in Iowa! Gotta get moving!

3 comments:

Scrappy Gal said...

Happy Birthday Annabeth! Wow, how times flies!! I remember when you were pregnant with her and it doesn't seem like 3yrs ago!

Love all the photos to show us all your fun :)

Mom said...

Good Blog! I wish I was there to celebrate, too! Lots of FUN!

Kelly said...

Oh my! I had to count the candles on A's cake!! I can't believe she's 3! Happy Birthday to her!!! Sounds like a super busy July, enjoy these years while they are so young...so much fun! :)