After a long day at the park on Wednesday with the entire Kindergarten class of 2009, I snapped the final photo of my baby boy as a 5 year old. He was already tucked in his bed; sound asleep. There is nothing like the way your child looks when they're sleeping. So peaceful and so sweet. I just can't believe these were his last moments of year 5.
I did take the time to take a picture of BOTH of our Birthday Boys before school. You probably don't know that Chief's birthday is also May 28th. Chief turned 9!
I had asked permission to bring popcorn for his entire class and that's what I set out to do. But by my 8th bag of buttery popcorn, my microwave QUIT WORKING! I was cutting it down to the wire anyway. I'm not a last minute type person. But I have just been so busy I hadn't done all I needed to. So, I made the 8 bags work- diving them all into individual baggies, gathering juice packs and cotton candy tubs to take to the classroom birthday party.
When we got there, we gave Evan his balloon and card and passed out the food and drinks to the other kiddos. Evan was wearing a birthday boy hat (hilarious!) and he was so surprised to see his Daddy. We let the kids eat, snapped a few photos and it was time for the bell to ring to go home.
Once we got home and got the car unloaded, Evan was sure it was time for presents. It WAS his birthday after all, so we agreed. He's such a good sport. He got a new DS game, the long-awaited V. Smile Motion system + some games, a collection of Junie B. Jones books, a backyard Tether Ball set and a new bike! He was so excited for all his new presents.
It was a wonderful 6th birthday. He deserved every minute to be great. Now, if I could just get him to stay 6 forever and stop getting so big...P.S. We finally finished Thank You notes this weekend. Those will be out in the mail on Monday. Thank you so much to everyone who sent gifts/money for Evan. He was so surprised with each one!
3 comments:
wonderful post! it sounds like e had an awesome birthday! you are such a wonderful mom!!!
Yeah! What a big boy :) Turning 6 wasn't as hard for me as turning 5 for some reason. He made out great with his gifts!!
Oh......I feel your pain and joy!
I don't think he go near enough presents! After all, he is 6 years old.
My video doesn't work. The music is too loud to hear.
Post a Comment