Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Strawberry Annabeth Cake.

I found out yesterday that the farm down the street from our house where Evan had his pumpkin patch field trip to last Fall was growing STRAWBERRIES. I called to confirm and discovered that there are only a few days left before they run out so I tried to throw together a last minute get together with some of my MOPS friends to pick our own yummy strawberries. It looked like there would be just 3 of us, which was fine with me. We were supposed to meet at 9 am this morning, but were leery of a rain out, so I emailed the girls this morning and let them know it would be a little muddy after the rain we got over the long weekend, but I felt like we could handle it. So, off I went to the strawberry patch this morning with Annabeth.

We ended up being the ones there so I picked two quarts with a little help from my little helper and called it good. It smelled sweet at the patch-like Summer is finally here!

Evan's Kindergarten graduation is next Tuesday morning. This week is filled with events. Tomorrow is the Kindergarten field trip to the City park. Evan's 6th birthday is Thursday. I planned a popcorn party for his class that afternoon then we'll celebrate at home that evening like we always do. On Friday morning, Evan's class is putting on a play that I can't wait to see. He has a full day of school on Monday then graduation first thing Tuesday and he'll be out for Summer break.

I'm anxious to share my One Little Word for June. I know I'll honor it. There is no way I can't! You'll have to wait a little longer to hear it, though. I know. You're on the edge of your seat, right??

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh! Those pictures make me excited for our own little strawberry patch! How fun. I bet they were yummy!

Good to see a blog post from you today! :)

Mom said...

Wow! Two blogs in one week! I'm impressed. You are like the energizer Bunny! I know thw it was a fun time for Annabeth! Save one quart for me! See you soon!