Monday, August 31, 2009

Routine?

What's that? It seems like we should be back into a routine by now, but there are still so many things happening that we just can't make it work.

School is going well for Evan. He loves 1st grade and Ms. Lillard. So far, not one stitch of homework. I know he'll get some books to read and there will be a spelling test each week, but maybe that will be it? I just don't believe in massive amounts of homework for 1st graders.

Last weekend, Evan was being a typical boy and bouncing on his bed and bounced himself right into the headboard. He ended up with quite the goose egg on his forehead. I was down the street and Nick called to fill me in. I hurried home and could see the knot from the doorway! GASP! Daddy was taking good care of him, though, and he had the frozen peas on his head. What a scare!
On Wednesday, I took Annabeth to Ft. Smith to see Elmo LIVE. We went with a group of friends from MOPS and had a great time. The show was wonderful! Really fun and interactive and the stage set was so colorful and bright. Annabeth and I both enjoyed it very much and I would totally do it again. I just wish we had more opportunities to do things like that without driving so far. This area is booming, but we don't get much for theatre up here! Boo!


On Friday, I left Annabeth at home with my mom for a bit and went to volunteer with a new project called Saving Grace. It's an up-and-coming home for teenage girls who have aged out of the foster care system. They will be guided by Christian people and given job and life skills so that they don't become a statistic. It's a fabulous cause and I was glad I could work a little. Then, I got to go eat lunch with Evan at school. He loves when I come to visit him at school and it was great to have the chance without my biggest helper, Annabeth!

The weekend was so wonderful. Nick had traveled out of town all week and got home Friday evening. We did some work around the house on Saturday and I ran some errands in town. I needed some time away from my children and we needed groceries. Hey, I'll take whatever I can get! lol I got Evan signed up for Fall T-ball and we're all excited about that. On Sunday aftr church we went to Sonic and got half-orice slushies and took the kids to the park. We woke up this morning to a chilly 48 degrees outside and the cool, crisp morning like Fall! That can only mean one thing.....FOOTBALL!

This is a big week in college football. Thursday will be the official 'raising of the flag' day as it's the day of the home opener for our Cyclones! I can't wait for football. Nick and I are planning a trip to Iowa to watch the Iowa State beats Iowa game and it's the weekend after next. GO STATE!

3 comments:

Scrappy Gal said...

"biggest helper" ha! I call mine "biggest trouble maker"! :)

Mom said...

My precious babies! and I don't mean Elmo & Oscar!

Stephanie said...

WHOA! Those are some incredible pics you got of Elmo Live! Impressive! AB looks completely adorable and grown up!

Tell Evan Ms Stephanie says NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!!! Ouch!

Its great to read an update on you and the family, as always. Even with talking to you on the phone there are things I read on here I didn't know, like your volunteer work with the Saving Grace project. That sounds awesome!!

And I will totally be needing time away from my children as well after John gets back from such a long time away! I miss him! I have signed up for an all-day crop on the 19th which I am already looking forward to, lol.

Love ya and hope to talk this week in between the go-go-go! :)