Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just DO it!

Ugh! I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed by all I need to get done and all I've been neglecting. This blog is one of them. With only one week until school starts, our lives have been even busier than before. And, I, am even more anxious than I thought I would be.

Since my last post, Nick and I both had our wisdom teeth removed. It's been a long recovery, but both surgeries went well and we're glad to have them over with. Evan participated in the church bounce-a-thon and raised $70 for the Children's Ministries! (Thanks to those of you who sponsored him. He was so excited!) I have once again over-extended myself between MOPS, PTO Board and all other wife and mommy duties. I'm sure this year will be great, but boy, am I feeling the pressure!

I also squeezed in a Sunday afternoon for some scrapbooking. I finished 5 new layouts. I have decided to reorganize my beloved scrap closet and allow it to be a regular closet. I'm not sure when I'll tackle that task, but since we lived in this house, it's only ever been a scrapbook room. I'm putting it on my list of to-do's...we'll see! :)

We've been busy playing and loving Summer. I bought one of those 1.29 popsicle molds. I've used a 100% juice capri sun to fill it and make some homemade popsicles for the kids. They have no idea what I'm using to make it. They think it's extra special! ha! Let them think that! I took this group of pics a few weeks ago in the backyard. I love how much fun they had that day. They're growing up so fast!
My OLW for August, even 12 days late, is DO!

My quote is:

"The world is a playground and life is pushing my swing."~Natalie Kocsis

My scripture is:
Deuteronomy 4:29- But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find Him if you look for Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Ok, baby girl is up from her nap! Time to go outside for a little more sun and fun!



5 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad u took my advice and just DID it - updating your blog that is!! I cringed when u said u were turning your scrap closet to a regular closet - oohhh!

Stephanie said...

And love the quote and scripture!!!!!

Mom said...

You think things will calm down and they probably will just get busier!

Love you all!

Scrappy Gal said...

I feel your pressure!!!! I ALWAYS over extend myself and yet I still can't say no. Someday I will enjoy myself and my things again :)

Love the fun summer shots!!

Kelly said...

Gosh I can't get over how much AB is growing!! She's so beautiful and looks like you all are having a wonderful summer! Enjoy...we only have 5 more days left before school starts...yuck! Loved the pics!