My OLW for September is TELL. Go figure, right? I'm to try to make more of an effort to TELL my story via my blog. I would also like to TELL my family I love them often. My kids and hubby mean so much to me, but I need to TELL them more.
The definition I'm using is:
to relate in detail; to make known; to give information to; to find out by observing.
My scripture for the month is from Psalm 145:18-19:
"The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them."
My quote of the month is:
"Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected from happening."~ Barbara ToberMy quote of the month is:
Soooo...let me TELL you what's been happening in our lives. Last Friday was my first MOPS meeting of the year. I've mentioned before that I'm the Steering Team this year and I've put a lot of hours in getting geared up for this first meeting. The whole team has. On Monday night, our meeting started at 6pm and I got home about 12:20am. We finally got to see the fruits of all our labor and it went great. All of the things that went wrong (you know something always does!) was behind the scenes and the members of the group didn't seem to notice. We enrolled 50 moms and we all believe this ministry will be well worth it.We even made the front page of the Rogers paper. (That cute little girl in pink is Annabeth!)
I started feeling under the weather on the Thursday night before MOPS. It was just a sore throat and I made it through the Friday meeting okay and then it went down hill. I spent the whole weekend in bed and am finally feeling better and happy to report I think I avoided passing my illness to the rest of my family! Praise God!
Evan has been riding his bike lots more this Summer than before. He just didn't like riding it before. Maybe it was the wrong size bike or something? I don't know. But I'm happy to see he enjoys it. He's been riding some with my nephew, TJ, around the neighborhood and loves that! Last week, he asked to take his training wheels off. So Nick agreed and gave him a little lesson in balance before promptly putting the wheels back on! Evan decided he wasn't quite ready (boy, was I relieved!)
On Thursday, it was our official ISU flag-raising day. We got around a little early and got our Cyclone flag out and ready to be hung for opening day of football season. Nick put on the fight song from his car and Evan marched the flag to the front of the house and waited for his Dad to help him hang it. Annabeth danced and clapped to the music and TJ was embarrased by the spectacle we were making in the front yard! ha! He asked "do you really do this every year?" Yes, we do! The game wasn't televised that eveing, so we had to pay to get the online stream and Nick and TJ rigged it up on the flat screen so we could all watch together. Our Cyclones beat the North Dakota State Bison 34-17! Way to go, Clones!
I took a little time to make a few new hair bows.
Oh, one last thing!! My sweet kids want to wish all of their grandparents and great-grandparents and HAPPY GRANDPARENT'S DAY!
3 comments:
First of all, I absolutely LOVE the new layout! It's fabulous! I adored your old one, but it was definitely time for a change! :) The colors are perfect for the upcoming Fall season. Yay!
Your Raising the Flag story cracked me up. I can just see teenager TJ embarrassed. LOL. I love the TRADITIONS you and Nick have created within your family. You are wonderful parents and these memories will stay with your kiddos for a lifetime.
We aren't ready for no training wheels here, either. Ash has asked but we have said no. We barely have anywhere for him to ride. :( I know there is a ton of other stuff for him to do on the farm, but I do wish for a little more concrete instead of gravel.
Soooo glad to hear you are feeling better. The weekend of rest did you good I am sure, it let your body recover instead of being worn out.
Our OLW this month is going to be a good one, I have a feeling! After both of us being burned out, I can TELL this is a turnaround for us, only a few more months left of this year! Can you believe it??? I'm already thinking of next year's OLW. :)
Love you!
TELL-TELL-TELL!
I'm glad TJ is getting to experience some of the family traditions with you!
Don't stay out too late on Grandparents Day! I have to work next week! LOL
Love you!
Bryce still doesn't ride w/o train wheels....he has very little interest in learning either. Both DH & I learned late, but now being in the city, we don't have a lot of flat, easy to learn areas.
Love all you've been up too & you know Maya would look great in those bows.....her birthday is Thurs :) hehe
Post a Comment