On Tuesday, Evan graduated Kindergarten. His teacher was emotional. His Dad was emotional. I was emotional. I guess I let it get the best of me, but I didn't care. I was excited and proud of my little man. When we got the High School gym, it was already getting crowded. The front row was left open, apparently reserved for the teachers. I sat about 4 rows back and reeled in despair that I couldn't sit on the front row. After about 15 minutes, I politely got up, went and found the Principal and asked him if I could sit in the front row, in the chairs that didn't have a sign on them. He wasn't sure, but directed me to the person who could tell me the answer and the answer was YES! So, up to the front row I went. How cool, right? lol Evan's class was the first to walk in. His teacher cried all the way down the aisle and so did I. His little class filed up on the risers, all decked out in their graduation caps and T-shirts. They all looked so excited. They performed 6 songs and then started with the diplomas. It was a great program and I was overwhelmed with pride for all the children in his class!In line waiting to come into the gym:

From the favorite song:

Evan getting his diploma:

He was so proud:

With Mrs. K for the last time as his teacher:

Our sweet family:
I think the whole Graduation post is a great transition to my One Little Word for June. I know I'm a few days late, but honestly, I've be GOING like crazy since June started and here I sit, 5 days in, telling you all about my OLW.
June= GO: to proceed without delay and often in a thoughtless or reckless manner. This was my favorite definition. I think it says just what I want it to about my OLW. I want to make this month full of fun, new and exciting things for the kids and myself. In June, I want to GO! Will you go with me?
My scripture of the month is I Peter 4:10. “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.”
My quote for the month is: "A father is his daughters first love and his sons first hero."-Unknown I loved this quote and in honor of Father's Day, it's perfect!
It's hard to believe it's already June, but I'm so glad it is. We have so much to do this month, and you can bet I won't think twice when it's time to GO!
3 comments:
Love the definition! Where do you find yours?? They are always better than mine. LOL
Great pics - glad the graduation went well! They really make a big ceremony out of it huh? Not like I remember when I was in K! The cap is so cute!
Good pics! Iwas so proud of him too! He sang his little heart out! Ms. K. really had a hard time! It was sweet to see a student give her a hug 'cause she thought she needed one! We (TJ, Dylan and Jacob) were all proud of him and glad we got to share it.
Now, I'm ready to GO!
Wow, just catching up on your blog...I lost a laptop due to a virus. A lot has happened, Evan is so big now! AB is just adorable as ever!! I can't seem to get much time to scrap these days, hope you are! Hugs,KA
Post a Comment